Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2000, 11:09 PM   #1
Miloz

I've made it the Eldreth level of Dragon's Eye, but where are all the goodies?
Have I missed something? I have 1 good ring, 1 pair of boots (Speed) and a few decent but not great weapons. Where are the cloaks and gauntlets and rings and necklaces and all the other goodies? For all the arse kicking I'm doing you'd think I'd get something.
I even killed all those clerics and what did they give up --- nothing!!!

lonely for treasure....
Old 07-11-2000, 05:23 AM   #2
'Skrull' Adams

All the goodies are in the next mission, The Severed Hand (and there are tons of them.)

I even got my favorite weapon there, The Doom Halberd
Old 07-12-2000, 12:42 AM   #3
Wretched

Yeah, the game balance is a little strange, in my opinion.

The first two chapters, you don't really get much in the way of magic or gold.. your party stays relatively poor, but you get just enough money to keep yourself equipped and resurrect a char or two should they fall.

Starting in chapter 3, though, the game begins to become more "Monty Hall-ish" as another poster put it, and the magic stuff just starts to roll in. By the time you're in the final chapter, you'll find some really kick-ass magical artifact, and toss it over your shoulder because it would just eat space in your inventory.
Old 07-12-2000, 01:46 PM   #4
Terralor

Where'd you get boots of speed?

The High Summoner didn't have anything to loot on his body. This seemed strange to me. Is this true for everybody else?

Did anyone find any reason to leave the rescued adventureres alive (besides RP)?
There's no reputation hit for killing them....
Old 07-12-2000, 02:18 PM   #5
DailyRich

I left the adventurers alive just because it seemed like the right role-playing thing to do -- after all, they DID do a lot to help me clear out that area, seemed kinda cruel to kill them. And I wonder if they might show up later, since I have a feeling this is all leading back to Easthaven, and it might be nice to have some friendly fighter-types hanging around.
Old 07-12-2000, 07:37 PM   #6
slag-king

The adventurers at Dragon's Eyes have one thing for them. They watch over you while you rest! But it's for one time. Ungrateful idiots, after I saved them from their impending doom?!?

I like this flail that I found at severed hand because there's this flail that's + 5 against the elves. Hmm wonder if there's a Drow scimitar that's + 5 against the elves .

Question: does the enemy rest while you rest? I fought against the snake queen and gave her about 50 points of damage before I was forced to retreat and rest since all my guys were at under 10 health points. I rested up and then fought her again and killed her after give her 120 points of damage. Whoa, does that mean she has 170 points of damage or did she regain her hit points? If she has that many hit points, that's more than Saverok of Baldur's Gate! I might have messed up on my math...doh!
Old 08-06-2000, 05:44 AM   #7
nimzo
Welcomed New User

I like to kill almost everyone I meet, including the good guys, just to see what they have.

Killed Hrothgar and took his mail (full plate +1) by having everyone shoot him with arrows except for one character who ran around the room in circles making him follow.

Killed the mage in Kuldahar by using the exit stage left counter mage strategy.

You can kill quite a few of the good guys and get some cool stuff, just do a quick save first, kill them, get the goods, export the character, reload and import the dude with the juice.
nimzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2000, 07:39 PM   #8
Gotaxewilltravel

The boots of speed are worn by one of the shadowed elven warriors in the Severed Hand (in one of the four towers--I won't spoil it for you, so let's just say that you will be "invited" to kill someone--do so).

Uhmm, "Skrull"? Where can I find that "Doom Halberd"? I don't even know what it does, but now I MUST have it (no need to tell me EXACTLY where--just the vicinity, that's all).

Yes, magic "stuff" is fairly rare until the Severed Hand--and you have to scan over anything, or else you'll miss a lot of items.
Old 08-07-2000, 12:17 AM   #9
Erekose
The Magister

The doom halberd can be sometimes found on the corpse of a character past a group of ettins in the area you get the first badge. Cheers
Erekose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2000, 12:30 AM   #10
wyrmslayer

I found the first set of boots of speed (fox) on the snake statue after killing the "Lizard King"... Unfortunately he found out he couldn't do anything...