Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-14-2001, 12:20 PM   #1
Sorcerer Alex

When you first enter the Shade Lord's Dungeon (Umar Hills), and you walk on straight for a little way, you come to a big door. I can't seem to open it in any way, everytime I try it, it says 'This barrier is made from magical shadows. It can be neither picked nor opened. You shall have to find some way to dispel it'. Does anyone know what I need to open it?

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-14-2001, 12:24 PM   #2
Debaser

I believe there's two such doors in the Shade dungeon. for one of them you need a sun gem to open it, and i forget what you need for the other one, but it's something similar.
go check out places on the map, like little nooks and crannies, that you might've overlooked...those items are somewhere around
Old 10-14-2001, 12:31 PM   #3
mitsos

You can get one of the stones by manipulating a glowing thing somewhere inside the dungeon. I don't remember the secon though. And something else: there are actually three doors, however the third can't be opened. Yoy have to go from the wooden bridge into the lava room to bypass it.

I also found one sun gem that wouldn't fit anywhere. Does anyone know what to do with it? It doesn't the door I mentioned before, I tried.

Old 10-14-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

kind of a spoiler...

like they said, you can dispel two of the three shadow barrier with sun gems that you collect throughout the dungeon. The first one is on a kind of pedestal in that set of rooms that's off to the left, just before the shadow barrier. I think all you need to do is have it with you when you go up to the barrier. And the second sun gem... I think that's in the statue of Amaunator that you come to later.
Old 10-14-2001, 02:13 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Thanks people, it worked

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB