Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 09-05-2002, 03:35 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

I've got the game running on a PII 400 - very sluggish but sorta playable, until I upgrade.

I have been testing the setup of a few different characters and have the following questions ..

I want to play a Kajiit, but found out that they can't wear boots or a helmet. Is this a major drawback - do you suffer for this later on?

What abilities are *not* worth taking, for a custom class?

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2002, 08:25 AM   #2
Lox
Manshoon

There are some cool boots in the game with neat enchantments, so yes, there is a drawback. It isn't a huge drawback though. Boots and a helmet each contribute 10% to your overall armor rating, so you will lose 20% protection. You could go unarmored though, or high agility to avoid being hit.

As for abilities (skills?) not worth taking. Athletics and acrobatics are used a lot (if you run and jump everywhere), so they go up fairly quickly as misc skills. I wouldn't take more than one weapon skill, because you won't be carrying many weapons, much less two different kinds (at least at first, later when your strength is higher you can do this, but then you can also afford to train the other weapon skill).
Old 09-05-2002, 01:00 PM   #3
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

commerce (or whatever the name) is useless after the first hour of gameplay. You'll find so much goods that are worth tons of cash that money will never be an issue.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:06 PM   #4
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Not being able to wear boots or helmet just reduces your options for armor and enchanting. I have never worn a helmet and it has not affected my character. As for shoes I would probably slightly miss them especially since I made a pair with permanent levitation.

As for skills not to take. I concur with Acrobatics and Athletics. You can use these constantly so they are not needed as major or minor skills unless you want to level up quickly.

I would recommend at most two weapon skills. Just remember if you have a low strength you will not be able to carry much.

Also unless you have a decent strength I would avoid the armor skills. A full suit of armor weighs alot even for light armor.

Also as a note you only will get spells for schools that you select as Major. With higher ability you will get more spells for that particular school.

Hope these suggestions help.

Have fun!!!!
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

Currently playing a Kat. Went with:

Major
Light Armor
Unarmored
Blunt Weapon
Marksman
Sneak

Minor
Alchemy
Security
Alteration
Athletics (almost took Restoration)
Acrobatics (almost went for Block)

Debated with self about wisdom of Athletics and Acrobatics but I just use them too much to start out too low. Since I cannot heal myself (Restoration) and do not have enough money yet for wanton expense on Alchemy or store potions, I am working in the cities and country side around Balmora and saving money and ingredients until I can afford good equipment and potions to survive beatings in caves and shrines when they catch me trying to sneak in to take stuff.
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote