Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-19-2000, 02:26 AM   #1
Toothmonger

I'm not clear how big a mistake it was to change classes early.
I'm currently a:
5th level Rogue
5th level Wizard turned 1st level Warlock
3rd level Warrior turned 3rd level Barbarian
5th level Wizard
5th level Priest turned Warlock.
What are your opinions on this.
I will loose a fair amount of play time to revert back to the initial classes.

Old 11-19-2000, 03:47 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi,
I've heard of a toothgimmer, but what's a toothmonger (apart from the obvious fishmonger parallel), how big's the market for teeth, and what sort of buyers do you get.

To the guys who run this board, thanks for fixing up whatever was the problem with me registration - doesn't take 15 attempts to get it to accept a posting now.

Now for the question, my thoughts - you have raised three characters. The warriors are no problems - let them join the guild then raise them ASAP into something useful. Barbarian is good if you have no rogue, but I see that you have one. I would look to make any warriors quickly into paladin or ranger. Once these are about level 10 and know all the good vine and spirit spells, swap their roles about to bring up the alternate magic streams. This way, you are then set to shift them to either bard or samuraii in Ishad N'ha. Recommend you think of what their finishing class will be - suggest Samuraii or Ninja before you get to the ultra elites.

You have made a priest and a wizard up to warlock. These are the questionable ones, particularly the priest. The wizard is the only category that can learn stone magic. Becoming a warlock will (I think) still let you learn stone spells to the max. If not, I recommend making sure your other wizard learns all stone before changing class (particularly flesh to stone, meteorstorm, and artifact spell). I am less sure of the priest, he may, or may not be limited as to what spirit spells he can learn. To cover any shortcomings, I would elevate one of your warriors to paladin quickly (the quest is very easy). Someone else has made a very recent post on class changes, I will see if I can find it and push it back up to the top. There was a good response from either Regis or Scronan which had some good things to say, and covered the general rules for a warlock.