Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 02-16-2001, 01:03 AM   #1
sammie

I have taken advice from this forum and other sources, but I can't seem to get through this quest....have run out of money replacing armour, etc. Killing Draak was not this hard....does anyone have any foolproof ideas.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:43 AM   #2
20mithrandir

Did you read this thread?
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/UltraB...ost=93&Idle=30

Or maybe at the official forum:

It may help to cast:
- invisibility
- fear
- confusion
- reflection (the wasps ending up killing themselves)

You may also try to teleport in destroy the nest and teleport out again

Your second character may cast magic bomb or flamethrower automatically.
Old 02-16-2001, 02:44 AM   #3
Elex

Alot of my mulit-playing friends have problems with the wasp quest. Along with any creature that uses any form of magic. One of the easiest ways I see to defeat any magical enemy, is by having a high magic resistance, since the wasp initaly shoot magic missle. My Wizard & Warrior, both have 100% tolerance to all ailments, and clear-cut wasps, like goblins aginst a fastest attack club. If I remember this right, buying rings/amulets with a specific ailment resistance (Magic/fire/poison), do not cost as much, as buying rings/amulets with resistance to all three of them.

Hopfully this helps! =):
Old 02-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #4
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another trick is to leave this quest to the last. Go do all other quests to gain better armor and experience levels, then do this quest, get the crystal, have sebastian gen the orb, and go kill Draak. I had to do it this way at the expert and master level (where fear still works to some degree). Things get real fun at the legend & hero level (especially when the bugs have reflections and regen their HP too).

Best of luck,
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote