Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 12-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Return to Ostagar

I am a bit in distress - I was hoping to play the return to Ostagar this holiday season - but alas it is still not released - is it just me or are they playing with my feelings?

Did the holiday season not start yet?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Return to Ostagar

It has indeed started, but it is not over yet. As with all things in the gaming industry, they want to get it as flawless as possible, not to mention any changes that may have to be made to the main campaign depending on when the player actually has to go back. Unlike some player made mods, they do have to account for dialog at the Landsmeet that may come out you do get a chance to go back to Ostagar before you go to the Landsmeet. Who knows what you may find?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Sheesh...I s'pose you are right Rob it just bugs me as I am really looking forward to this ( I haven't even finished the game yet as I am stuck on the broodmother )
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 12-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've a feeling in the next few days we'll see it.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, as somebody that did some developing in NWN's, I can tell you, sometimes even the simplest script can be a pain in the rear. When you start having to make possible adjustments to the main campaign for an add in, it can really wreak havoc. After every patch to NWN's, it was entirely possible to spend 8 hours going over scripts to make sure nothing got baked. It was worse after expansions. Then, no matter how careful you were, somebody would find a bug you missed. Good times.

I'm hoping it will be out soon, I'd like to run it at least once to see what comes about from it.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I heard that it was going to come out around the 3-6 September, which seem like a strange time to release it.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Aye Rob I know...I worked on WoW in Europe ( no developing though ) and geeez it could be a pain when we had to test the realms with new content.

Luvian - SEPTEMBER??? ( killing my caps button ) - That almost a year away?

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 12-27-2009, 04:03 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Perhaps an XPac in Sept. but this DLC is supposed to be out during the "holiday season" according to the site. An expansion would make more sense, because it was around the same time DAO was released and, is before christmas.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Chewbacca
Zartan

This would be a good week to release DLC...[/wishful thinking]
Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry I meant January!