Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
Knightscape
Manshoon

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32427/140/

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32459/108/
(rather buggy at this point)

http://www.apple.com/safari/
Old 06-14-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Aren't there enough browsers already?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

But why?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

because its awesome
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 AM   #5
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits Reborn:
because its awesome
Well, using Safari on a Mac - can't beat it. lightning fast, no bugs, secure as. Using an Apple product on a PC? - Good luck. Using a Microsoft product on a Mac? - Better know some incantations and prayers. Mac users should stick to Safari, PC users should stick to what they know. Only grief if ever the twain cross...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
quote:
because its awesome
Well, using Safari on a Mac - can't beat it. lightning fast, no bugs, secure as. Using an Apple product on a PC? - Good luck. Using a Microsoft product on a Mac? - Better know some incantations and prayers. Mac users should stick to Safari, PC users should stick to what they know. Only grief if ever the twain cross... [/QUOTE]I have to disagree there. Itunes , a software that we are all familiar with, was originally an apple software designed for, of course, macs. Yet, it runs flawlessly in Pc. Anyone who uses ipods on Pc's are likely to have used itunes, though some use winamp (staying true to the old program).

My point is that , simply because it is an apple product it doesn't mean it will work badly on a Pc. And I've been using safari beta, and sure its alittle buggy, but that's expected from beta. So, I wouldn't just write Safari off yet.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
quote:
because its awesome
Well, using Safari on a Mac - can't beat it. lightning fast, no bugs, secure as. Using an Apple product on a PC? - Good luck. Using a Microsoft product on a Mac? - Better know some incantations and prayers. Mac users should stick to Safari, PC users should stick to what they know. Only grief if ever the twain cross... [/QUOTE]Seeing as how Macs can run Windows better than a PC, your point isn't quite valid. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
quote:
because its awesome
Well, using Safari on a Mac - can't beat it. lightning fast, no bugs, secure as. Using an Apple product on a PC? - Good luck. Using a Microsoft product on a Mac? - Better know some incantations and prayers. Mac users should stick to Safari, PC users should stick to what they know. Only grief if ever the twain cross... [/QUOTE]I have to disagree there. Itunes , a software that we are all familiar with, was originally an apple software designed for, of course, macs. Yet, it runs flawlessly in Pc. Anyone who uses ipods on Pc's are likely to have used itunes, though some use winamp (staying true to the old program).

My point is that , simply because it is an apple product it doesn't mean it will work badly on a Pc. And I've been using safari beta, and sure its alittle buggy, but that's expected from beta. So, I wouldn't just write Safari off yet.
[/QUOTE]It's not that it'll work badly... I'm sure it'll end up working fine. Apple is at no disadvantage compared to any other software manufacturers for windows. Just there's no real point. There are so many browser choices already... and Safari isn't even particularly noteworthy. I'd imagine most people use it because it comes with a Mac. iTunes gained popularity on PCs because you need it to add songs to the iPod. There was a point to that... there just doesn't really seem to be one with moving Safari over. (As there wasn't really in moving IE over to Macs... except I suppose to make it just a little more familiar for people moving from Windows to Macintosh... but the migration is generally from PCs to Macs at the moment... rather than the other way around... so I really don't get it [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

[ 06-16-2007, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Callum ]
Old 06-16-2007, 11:49 PM   #9
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
quote:
quote:
quote:
because its awesome

[/QUOTE]It's not that it'll work badly... I'm sure it'll end up working fine. Apple is at no disadvantage compared to any other software manufacturers for windows. Just there's no real point. There are so many browser choices already... and Safari isn't even particularly noteworthy. I'd imagine most people use it because it comes with a Mac. iTunes gained popularity on PCs because you need it to add songs to the iPod. There was a point to that... there just doesn't really seem to be one with moving Safari over. (As there wasn't really in moving IE over to Macs... except I suppose to make it just a little more familiar for people moving from Windows to Macintosh... but the migration is generally from PCs to Macs at the moment... rather than the other way around... so I really don't get it [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
[/QUOTE]I guess in that sense it makes sense. But There's a reason for safari to be in windows I think. Because right now there's alot of browsers, and no single one holds dominance, So maybe apple just wants in on the game. And you made a good point, having safari in PC can lure Pc users to Macs, because they'll probably get the impression that all Mac Progs are in such level.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #10
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

From everything I read chasing links over there, I hope not. If all Mac programs are at that level, it's a wonder they are still selling any, or maybe it's no wonder they have such a small percentage of the market share.

I have to agree with several of the posters in several of the threads I chased; if you release something to public beta, there should probably be bugs, part of the process, but there should be no security issues, let alone the number that were found in the first 24 hours.

Not that I have anything against Apple in general, either, *except for UV's...*cough*. I just think his has a different keyboard configuration...'cause he can't spell when he's on the PC...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote