Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

LINK

Quote:
Williamsburg man winner by a hair!
By Harry Cheadle
for The Brooklyn Paper

Some people’s greatest talents remain hidden for their entire lives — but this Saturday, Doug Williams will put his on display and, he hopes, achieve ever-lasting fame.

Williams, you see, has a five-inch nipple hair.

That’s not a misprint. It’s a single hair, growing from his left nipple, and it’s five inches long.

On Saturday, the Williamsburg resident will have the hair officially measured and logged by the folks from the Guinness Book of World Records, who believe Williams’s follicular feat may be the greatest on the planet.

There’ll also be a barbecue.

And why not celebrate? Yes, most people have nipple hairs — but no one has a nipple hair like Doug Williams.

“It’s mostly a genetic gift,” said the 25-year-old, adding that he suspects — though this can’t be proven scientifically — that the hair’s unusual length has something to do with his habit of eating at least one cheeseburger every day (alas, he’ll never make the Guinness Book for that).

As with so many things in life, size matters — but it’s not the only requirement. In accordance with the Guinness Book’s regulations, the hair will be washed and then measured three times by a local doctor. Anything over 4.5 inches will break the record — yes, there is a current record-holder, Simon Mould of Great Britain.

Trouncing Mould at his own game would, of course, come with worldwide publicity, but that’s not why Williams got into the nipple-hair racket.

“I am not attempting this record for the money,” he said. “It is enough for me to know that I have inspired an entire generation of young people to grow long body hairs and achieve their own dreams.”

©2007 The Brooklyn Paper

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Ah, another KloroxThreadtm. I assume there will be more?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I dunno if there'll be more today, but I'll keep looking. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

How about you start one thread, call it the weird news thread and simply add replies to it instead of starting a new one every time?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Where's the fun in that?

Bring on more of the cool/weird news!

Quote:
“It is enough for me to know that I have inspired an entire generation of young people to grow long body hairs and achieve their own dreams.”
... Errmmm...... ok???......
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
Where's the fun in that?

Bring on more of the cool/weird news!

quote:
“It is enough for me to know that I have inspired an entire generation of young people to grow long body hairs and achieve their own dreams.”
... Errmmm...... ok???...... [/QUOTE]Seriously, anybody inspired by him already? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 AM   #7
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I dunno... I mean... does anyone actually TRIM their nipple hair? Cos it seems to me it's more luck of the draw than anything you are inspired to do... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #8
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
How about you start one thread, call it the weird news thread and simply add replies to it instead of starting a new one every time?
I second that motion.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Or at least add your opinion on the subject in your post, which should be the start of a possible discussion. Simply copying and pasting a bunch of stories without the purpose of setting off at least some sort of discussion is considered excessive spam on many boards i know and frowned upon by the mods in those places.

I'm not trying to judge you or anything Klorox, at least you're an active poster, and there aren't too many of those lately, but at least try to get a conversation going instead of just posting a newsflash. If i want to read newsflashes, i'll go to cnn.com or something similar, catch my drift?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

What Johnny said

An active poster is good news, but there is a fine line between that and annoying spam. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote