Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2002, 01:29 PM   #1
Lisa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There is a hidden door in the sewers that I cant get into it is down the first hallway before Mekrath's hidden door how do I get in it?
thanks for the help.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 01:31 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

SPOILER
Hmm, I think you need a key to open it. Yes, I remember.
After defeating Tazok in Firkraggs quest, you will find a key in his loot. I think that's the key you're looking for.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 03:36 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In other words, forget about it for now. I had to.....

Apart from that, I think there's only two other places in Athkatla I couldn't get to before I skipped town, and that's the Pimlico Estate (also in the Temple District), and a funky door in the Bridge District. You know, the one that says "You can see nothing but darkness inside. You do not not what would happen if you stepped through" and won't let you in.

BIG-ASS SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Now, I've heard you need to be carrying a specific gem to get through this door, and that a powerful magic item is behind it, heavily guarded of course. But I'm waiting for the game to give me some hint on how to get through the door, because without that hint, I could never figure out how to get in, and so it wouldn't be fair of me to go get that item.

A guy named Kevin Dorner took a solo Mage (named Elmonster) through BG2/ToB, and kept a journal of the whole trip. At the bottom of the first page, he had this to say:
quote:

"I rest again...and dream. My first dream is meaningless. My former captor, the mage, taunts me with my Bhaal heritage and shows me the power I could have. He tortures the teenage girl a little...perhaps he is trying to make me care about her.

My second dream is far more direct and meaningful to me. A shimmering stone, blue and green like a tiny planet...can I see Faerun amidst its iridescent continents? It is a Rogue Stone. They are very expensive and rather rare. I need one. I see a house in the Bridge District, but its door is nothingness...the stone is the key, the stone is the key. There is dark and ominous magic there, more than one man could stand in a lifetime. The Staff is there. I must have it, I must! I awaken in a cold sweat and am unable to sleep for over an hour."

I'm on Day 9, gametime, and have just gotten to Spellhold. I never had this dream. Is this something you get only when your PC is a Mage/Sorceror, do I have a bug, or was Kevin Dorner making the whole thing up?
Old 01-17-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Kevin wasn't making it up. (well at least not ALL of it ...lol)

Spoiler:

There is a specific type of rare gem that will unlock that door.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote