Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2000, 04:43 AM   #1
Intuition

Okay, another one of those tough decisions.

My current party consists of:

1. Gawaine (Lead Character) Lvl 10 Fighter
2. Aerie
3. Jaheira
4. Minsc
5. Yoshimo (Dropping him off at spellhold)
6. Anomen (or rather, Sir Anomen, I got him knighted)

Now, the problem is, I don't know whether I should drop Anomen for Keldorn. That Holy Avenger +5 is most definitely a great sword. And I am also working on getting a Mace of Disruption +2 for Anomen. What should I do?

On a side note, can paladins cast clerical spells? One thing good about Anomen is that he can support Aerie in her Clerical spells. And when Imoen returns, she can support Aerie's wizard spells.

Help. And Thanks.

Old 11-20-2000, 05:00 AM   #2
_max_RUSSKIE

Eeek your mad! Youve got 3 healers in your party!
Get rid of anomen and get keldorn, he dispells magic instantainiously.

I would personaly leave jahiera and ditch aerie for edwin. Or even better get viconia.

Old 11-20-2000, 05:01 AM   #3
Armisael

I'd drop Anomen and get Viconia. Best cleric in the game, and you've already got you, Minsc and Jaheira, so what do you need another fighter for?

Old 11-20-2000, 05:02 AM   #4
Armisael

Oh yeah, and Edwin's better than Aerie. Heh. I figured you're probably keeping her in the party for sentimental reasons, though.

Old 11-20-2000, 08:50 AM   #5
Intuition

Hmm...

I guess I should get another mage, eh?

Thanks for your opinion guys.

I'll consider what you guys have said.

Old 11-20-2000, 09:35 AM   #6
Archmagi Wah

Just like to add a note that Paladins can cast priest spells at higher levels but not Keldorn (not even lay on hands) because he has an inquisitor kit. He is terribly useful though and watch him rip with the Carsomyr:Holy Avenger+5. (especially Cowled wizards because it gives 50% magic resistance!!)

Old 11-20-2000, 11:07 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If it's a question between Anomen and Keldorn, get Keldorn. If you are open to any new face, get Viconia and just buff her up. She can use the Mace of Disruption +2 same as Anomen and she can actually fight better if you buff her up with certain items like magic girdles etc. You DO seem to have lots of healers in your group. And you want a mage that can cast at least level 8 spells, and i don't think Aerie gets to that point though i could be wrong. Aerie is best used as a support mage/cleric.
Old 11-20-2000, 10:49 PM   #8
IceFire

Drop the uppity knight wannabe and pick up Valygar. He is a great addition. If you want a good mage...pick up Aerie, dump her and then pick her up later. It shuts her up!

Old 11-20-2000, 11:00 PM   #9
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

Good parties deserve an Inquisitor like Keldorn with his True sight and Dispel magic at Twice his level!!!
Anomen was a solid character for me ( his B.S. aside)He did 1042 (One thousand forty two) points of damage to a vampire in the process of destroying 4 more simultaneously. Plus he can wear that amulet that gives prot. from lvl drain amongst other bonuses.He has a limited fighter thaco and can specialize with some cool weapons, plus reach fairly high cleric lvl. I kept both with Jaheria, Aerie, Nalia and Gfish, a Pure blooded fighter.
Old 11-20-2000, 11:31 PM   #10
Intuition

Okay..
I've decided on my party.

I'll get Keldorn but dump Minsc.

So, my final party after Chapter 4 will be.

Gawaine (that's me!!)
Imoen
Aerie
Anomen
Jaheira
Keldorn

I don't know why, but Minsc seems weak, at least when compared to my pure fighter. Minsc has far too little life. (My Lvl 11 Fighter has 145 HP now.) And even Anomen has 100 HP.

Thanks. Any opinion of my new decision? I'm a first time BG player here (this is the first RPG that I'm playing...)