Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #21
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbe:
I heard of one guy who spilled hot soup right over his computer, he was sitting over ventrilo or something, and he said "should the soup be this ho...ARGH I SPILLED RIGHT OVER THE COMP *user has disconnected*"
Funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks heh.

Well, I tried the whole 'leave it for a week and see if the pixies fix it'... but to no avail. The damn pixies hold no love for Dave it seems.

I'm going to TDC's house tommorrow evening to woo chat with his wife, oh, and to see him as well, so we shall see if his mad skillz can fix it.

Otherwise I'll just have to look like a complete tool and use a USB keyboard with my laptop. Gargh.
[/QUOTE]The problem is that the cordial is very sticky. Rinse the computer thoroughly with vinegar. Then, to aid drying, run a large magnet over it. The magnet will pick up stray ions attached to the vinegar, thus speeding drying. Repeat if neccecary.

As though you had any business wooing a woman [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And are you calling me a tool?!

[ 01-11-2007, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM   #22
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I think he is..... better slap him in the head or better yet I could do it for you when I see him tomorrow

Mod Powers activate! LOL
Old 01-11-2007, 11:25 PM   #23
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
The problem is that the cordial is very sticky. Rinse the computer thoroughly with vinegar. Then, to aid drying, run a large magnet over it. The magnet will pick up stray ions attached to the vinegar, thus speeding drying. Repeat if neccecary.

Best advice ever there. The vinegar is pure genious, and of course how could I have forgotten the fact that the ions must be removed if I wish my laptop to dry quicker than normal. Not so sure about this 'neccecary', though. Is that the same as necessary? If so, that's fine, I'm just always looking to increase my vocabulary at every chance.

LOL.

I have ALL sorts of business wooing women. Just because I don't have any intention of going anywhere near them once wooed does not mean I have not got substantial ability at the wooing deed. Actually, I'm so far adept at the game of woo that my straight friends get increasingly frustrated at the ever-growing size of my harem.

Dave, FTW.

And might I add my dear lady, I shall call you whatever I wish. In this case it will be mistress, and please I beg your forgiveness for any implication that you are a tool because you used a USB keyboard on your laptop.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
I think he is..... better slap him in the head or better yet I could do it for you when I see him tomorrow

Mod Powers activate! LOL
I don't think there's any need for that mate... Illumina's powers extend far and wide.

I wouldn't be suprised if I find myself attacked in the night by an entire ensemble of Uma Thurman impersonators.

SNEAK ATTACK!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:08 AM   #25
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave_the_quack:
quote:
The problem is that the cordial is very sticky. Rinse the computer thoroughly with vinegar. Then, to aid drying, run a large magnet over it. The magnet will pick up stray ions attached to the vinegar, thus speeding drying. Repeat if neccecary.

Best advice ever there. The vinegar is pure genious, and of course how could I have forgotten the fact that the ions must be removed if I wish my laptop to dry quicker than normal. Not so sure about this 'neccecary', though. Is that the same as necessary? If so, that's fine, I'm just always looking to increase my vocabulary at every chance.

LOL.

I have ALL sorts of business wooing women. Just because I don't have any intention of going anywhere near them once wooed does not mean I have not got substantial ability at the wooing deed. Actually, I'm so far adept at the game of woo that my straight friends get increasingly frustrated at the ever-growing size of my harem.

Dave, FTW.

And might I add my dear lady, I shall call you whatever I wish. In this case it will be mistress, and please I beg your forgiveness for any implication that you are a tool because you used a USB keyboard on your laptop.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]I think "neccecary" is a lot like "genious."

And, yes, my dear, you do know me well. The Slap of Illumina is of course a +5 magical weapon that is not limited to smiting targets on the same continent as I am.

Though, to be fair, the phrase "Illumina's powers extend far and wide" is also correct in the sense that I have no problem acquiring agents to go do my bidding. Were TDC to slap you tomorrow, it could be interpreted as him delivering a slap originating from me. Cool stuff, huh?

[ 01-12-2007, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

Old 01-12-2007, 03:16 AM   #26
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I'm willing to accept that interpretation if you are BTW I hit with a Hammer of Choc which is +9 so I will try not to hit him too hard.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:03 AM   #27
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
I think "neccecary" is a lot like "genious."

And, yes, my dear, you do know me well. The Slap of Illumina is of course a +5 magical weapon that is not limited to smiting targets on the same continent as I am.

Though, to be fair, the phrase "Illumina's powers extend far and wide" is also correct in the sense that I have no problem acquiring agents to go do my bidding. Were TDC to slap you tomorrow, it could be interpreted as him delivering a slap originating from me. Cool stuff, huh?
LMAO Genius? I just got PWNED.

I wasn't even referring to the slap of Illumina, I'm more wary of the oh-so-famous feat known ONLY to the one and only IlluminaOrb2000... the Eyegouge. This unbelievably nasty attack not only leaves the victim blinded until a remove curse spell has been cast, but it hurts like goddamn hell.

I hear it's not only Illumina's powers that spread far and wide... there was something mentioned about legs, but I digress (not to mention I live in fear of the constant 'this is a PG 13 forum, no need to bring up sexual innuendo, DAVE' remarks that I'm sure many forum members are about to spurt)....

To be fair, I'm fairly drunk right now. I wish it was on flavin's, but unfortunately it is on vodka orange, smirnoff blacks, carlton draught, wine and some other stuff that could barely pass for alcohol.

Illumina, I must ask, WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU COMING TO VISIT ME IN OZ? My God, you take and take in this relationship, but never do you give! The extreme injustice of it all!

GENIOUS! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #28
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by T-D-C:
I'm willing to accept that interpretation if you are BTW I hit with a Hammer of Choc which is +9 so I will try not to hit him too hard.

I would like to thank this thread for giving me a morning laugh that was desperately needed. *grins* As for keyboard woes, I have an excellent one for you. I bought a keyboard quite a few months ago in the hopes of using for myself. Ended up giving it to this guy I know who is a roommate of a good friend of mine. (I'll use Kittie and Big E for the names. No, they are not dating.) Now recently Kittie's FRENCH OS USING COMPUTER started eating itself. Being the friend I am, I went up there to Oshawa from Toronto by train to see what I could do. Turns out the only solution was to purchase a new computer, transfer everything over to the new computer from the old computer using crossover cable, and then reinstall everything on the old computer. So after tagging myself for a $600 loss (which Kittie says she'll pay me back for eventually), I took the old keyboard back. Why? The new computer came with a new keyboard... which was English. Kittie needs a Canadian French keyboard (acquired for her by me some time ago.) So now Big E has a shiny new keyboard. I take home the old keyboard and set about to clean it. All the keys were there and as dirty as when I gave them to Big E. (Asked him about cleaning it for his supposedly newly arriving computer. He never got around to it. Oh well.) Took out all the keys and bleached them, using a que-tip to clean out the keyboard itself. Put it back together three days later after letting (most) of the keys dry only to find out...

1) I am missing the ( < , ) key
2) three of the keys now have black stains running across them that weren't there before.

I am blaming George W. Bush for this horrific turn of events. Now, how the hell do I find places throwing out old keyboards so I can find the keys?!? And T-D-C, I though you used a Warhammer Of Trollslaying +13? *grins*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #29
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I Use both as I am a master of Dual Wielding Warhammers
Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #30
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Ah, so apparently giving shelter, giving Adult Beverages, giving rides, and giving other things is apparently a "take and take" relationship. I do intend to come and visit, so it's nice to know beforehand that Australia is actually opposite-land. I guess the toilet flow isn't the only thing that's opposite! Why, Australia might be the next Soviet Russia! I hear that in Australia, drop bear invents YOU!