Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-15-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Can someone please tell me exactly what this says -

Only because if it says what I think it says, I'm getting it tattood on my forearm this week.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:35 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It's "Qing Guo Qing Cheng". However that sentense is wrong, it's suppose to be "Qing Cheng Qing Guo".

It means the girl is beautiful.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:07 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Why are you getting a tatto?
Why on your forearm?
Why are you getting one about a girl that is goddlooking, unless of course you are the girl? Go spen some time at the docks. You'll see what an old guy with a scared over tat looks like. ( out of 10 are from some pretty girl, and ironically, it's on the forearm.

Mine can be covered when I don't want to be obnoxious, and if I'm in the mood can be displayed.

Just remember, a tat on the forearm is hard to cover in the 6-9 sunny months of the year!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:42 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Dude. He's just asking what it says, he's not asking to be lectured. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Maybe you should try to look at things from a different perspective than your own. For example, we don't all live in the same country as you do. 6-9 sunny months in England would be a miracle.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you on the tattoo thing, I wouldn't want one myself for all those reasons you mentioned plus aesthetic ones (90% of all tattoos are ugly in my opinion) but I doubt Lavindathar doesn't know what a tat on wrinkled skin looks like, and I doubt he's doing this on an impulse.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:11 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Heh heh, what Sarah said.

But also, beware the ever-regrettable love-tattoo Lavindathar (if that's what this actually is) That sweet, lovely, bonnie lass whose name you'd have no qualms about carving into your flesh now may in fact miraculously, and seemingly randomly emerge later on from a cocoon as a vicious, scatty, repulsive slag And if in a moment of youthful exuberance you got yourself a tattoo of her name, then you'll be stuck with the tag of this vile harpy cruelly etched into your body, reminding you of your past mistakes.... FOREVER!

But of course, there's nothing regrettable about permanently declaring your love of females in general
Old 08-16-2004, 05:18 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hehehe... that's what I thought he was doing, so I didn't mention it. Thank goodness, because then "what Sarah said" would have sufficed and we would have been deprived of your hilarious way of putting it
Old 08-16-2004, 07:07 AM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

If you want a tat, just go for it, I don't believe in all the you'll-regret-it-later rubbish. Do think twice about getting one on your forearm though - as Felix says it's often going to be on show and it might negatively influence people's perception of you. It could also hurt your chances of getting a job in future. I have five tattoos, but they are all covered when I wear a t-shirt. They include two Jap symbols, which supposedly mean 'love and courage,' but sometimes it's tempting to think I've been screwed over and they actually mean 'dog toilet' or something. So make sure you've got the exact definition sorted out, whatever you do. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-16-2004, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 08-16-2004, 07:10 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's not forever anyway...you could always get it lasered off, though it's not pleasant.

Old 08-16-2004, 07:44 AM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
It's not forever anyway...you could always get it lasered off, though it's not pleasant.
there is another way to remove them even less pleasant than the lasers I know I did it once, it involves using a little generator with the motor thing in it, and a peice of eraser on the top.......don't ask how it turned out
Old 08-16-2004, 08:51 AM   #10
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Yup, I agree with Kakero. It should be:

傾城傾國
(You need chinese language support to view it)

The meaning? -- "Beauty that could topple a kingdom", so to speak.

Anyway, this would be a great compliment you bestow upon yourself if you are female. Sorry, not for male only unless you are gay... and you think you are pretty. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-16-2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]