Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #1
busta191
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, first time poster here. I played the game many years ago so I thought I'd give it a try again. But now I've got trouble. I'm in the underwater city and can't find the second glowstone. I saved the game before I went in, but after many restarts the glowstone is not in the chest. Any suggestions?

[ 04-02-2005, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: busta191 ]
busta191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

Hi there!

I assume you've got the first stone from Sarellia. The other two are in the treasure vault and the shark trap room.

BUT... the game doesn't always generate the second one, the one in the chest. I've been looking for maps for you to see, but I cant find any of Colasium (sp?).

If you can't find 3 stones, it's still doable with two and the judicious use of door-jamming chests [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hope that holds you until some wiser sage logs on!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Hello and welcome to the board, Busta191. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I made a walkthrough which will guide you to all three stones. (Here). Just check the index to see which three chapters deal with Collasium.

The link to the map no longer works, but you can download the exact same map here and do a cross-reference. [img]smile.gif[/img] Hope you get it sorted out.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, Busta191! May the heavens guide you smoothly through the Gael Serran.

You've been well-answered... let us know how it works
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
busta191
Elite Waterdeep Guard

See the thing is, I know where the second glowstone is supposed to be, but it's not there. I looked in the chest up on the rafter. I believe that is the one. I saved my game before I entered Colllasium and have reloaded three times and the stone is never there. I guess I'm screwed. If it makes a difference, I'm using the patch.

[ 04-03-2005, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: busta191 ]
Old 04-03-2005, 09:32 AM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

There is always the possibility of hacking another glowstone into your inventory.

But you can also complete Collasium with just two glowstones. An old regular of this board, Hammerhead, explains how on this page of the best tips. Hope you can use it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, busta191!!!

Ah glowstones - I know about those!!

The game sometimes does not generate the glowstones. Others have said that if you reset the dungeon - which I think must be more than just starting at the entrance, that you can solve the problem. So try this - from your save outside of Collasium - return to the surface, save and then go try the city again. Or return to the surface and then to land, save and then try again. Saves just outside of the city don't seem to be enough to trigger the needed change.

If that still doesn't work - you can hack a Glowstone. It was because of the missing Glowstone that I figured out how to hack items in W&W. It isn't difficult to do.

I've explained how to hack items in this thread:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...=007364#000000

This includes the necessary code for Glowstones!

Hope that will solve your problem!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #8
busta191
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I've been tyring for the last couple of days to get the hex editor to work. I've been able the see 47 6C 6F 77 73 74 6F 6E 65 for the glowstone but not CF 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00. I'm using HexEdit v2.6 and tried all the tricks form your post but every time I try to save it and restart I get an error can't load monster/item. Any idea's?
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Make sure you're getting the right spot. IT sounds like you're off by a position (or more), which is causing the confusion. Take one character and strip him/her down to just one item in inventory, the one you're going to replace. Then find the hex code for that one thing (which should be easy, 'cause everything else will be zeroes) and replace it with the hex code for the glow stone.

*edit* and change the text, too [img]smile.gif[/img] Gots to do both

I'll D/L a copy of HexEdit and see if I can make it happen. All this time, and I've never given it a try [img]smile.gif[/img] '

*edit* downloaded... and doesn't look too bad. I suspect you've either got a typo or a bad position. Make sure that you put everything in the correct case -- Glowstone, not glowstone. And make sure that you're using zero through F -- no capital O letters in there.

I'd offer to take a look at your file for you, but I am heading out tomorrow morning and won't be back until Wednesday night. If you want me to look at it then, send me a PM and I'll give you an account to send your game to.

[ 04-04-2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:23 AM   #10
busta191
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks guy's, I finally got it.