Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 04:20 AM   #1
Target
Red Dragon

OK, a new post as suggested.
I think I might need a bit of help with the odd quest. I’ve done the first warrior one, killing the Schulz, was not to bad, stood a ways back and fired spells at him then moved in for the kill.

Having a problem with the first priest quest, I’ve tried to give the potion to the toad by the late, but I’m not sure if I’m doing it right, I talk to him, he rabbits on about some ubetka (sp) or something then walks off. What am I doing wrong??

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Most likely nothing.

If you have already done the quest, then you are already Ukabu. That stupid frog will send you in to the village and it will not speak with you again.
Try to leave the one who has already given the potion to Medakwa in the inn. If it does not help, send the quest owner alone to Medakwa. If it does not help, try to force the potion to Medakwa before he starts to run away. Note that you won't be able to give the potion to running Medakwa. Also note that you should hear "Medakwa needs this. Toad need this..." after giving the potion. At any rate save the game before you start your attempts and keep the saved game until the Temple acknowledges your effort. One final note: it must be the quest owner who gives the potion to that damned frog.
Old 03-03-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Target
Red Dragon

How do I give it to him, I'm not sure how. its a bit frustraiting.
The first thing he asked my was was I Ukabu, was not sure weather to say yes or no, I don't know if I am or not, do you have to do something to become Ukabu?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 03-03-2004, 06:40 AM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

As soon as Mekdawa (is he called Medawka?) starts talking, or preferrably before that, click the use/give button and select to give the potion. When he starts blabering click on him and he should receive the potion. You should, as Radek said, see the "mekdawa needs this" in the box listing the conversation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And no, you automagically become Ukabu. Try searching for "Freudianslip" in the Wizards & Warriors archive forum and you'll get to read several hilarious "stories" about Ukabu. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] At least I think it was Freudianslip that posted them.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

On a side note: I assume this is your first run of the game with your party, so your spellcasters are probably not adept in the art of teleporting yet. If you play the game with a character who can teleport, try creating a portal in the basement of the windmill and teleport Mekdawa there. That way he will have nowhere to run when you give him the potion(s).
Old 03-03-2004, 09:06 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Giving the potion to Mekdawa can be frustrating. The Den ran all over southern Valeia trying to hand it off, and eventually succeeded. Nothing more annoying than a pack of spiders coming up when you're trying to conclude a drug deal...

Willow's given you the right details on giving him the potion. Click over to give, use the up and down arrows until Mekdawa's Potion shows up in the window, and then click on him. Repeatedly.

This is a good time, BTW, to be playing in safe mode (where you have to ctrl-attack friendly monsters). You'd hate to start a fight with Mekdawa until you've got everything else taken care of [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

That's right, first run through so I'm a long way off all the good stuff!!

Old 03-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
As soon as Mekdawa (is he called Medawka?) starts talking, or preferrably before that, click the use/give button and select to give the potion. When he starts blabering click on him and he should receive the potion. You should, as Radek said, see the "mekdawa needs this" in the box listing the conversation. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And no, you automagically become Ukabu. Try searching for "Freudianslip" in the Wizards & Warriors archive forum and you'll get to read several hilarious "stories" about Ukabu. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] At least I think it was Freudianslip that posted them.
Yes, it was Freudianslip!! And those are well worth reading. FS used to have a website up that was devoted to Ukabu talk. I think it is long gone now but I'll ferret around and see if I can locate it.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:05 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

If my 2 warriors change classes to Barbarian and Paladin they will they still be able to do all the warrior quests?

Old 03-18-2004, 10:56 AM   #10
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes they will. Role has nothing to do with it. Only membership of the guild.