Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

THIS IS ASSUMING NO MODS!!!!

How are druids best used? Are they melee fighters, healers, offensive spellcasters, are they good with shapeshifts, or are they better with a dip into other classes (monk, bard, ect.)?

I want a druid in my party, but don't know how to best take advantage of the class.

What is the best racial choice for a druid?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

The best experience I've had with one was to use all the Wis boosting items on her, and go with GSF: Evocation and a couple of the elemental casting feats. They get some very nice offensive spells. Mine was a wild elf, so I used a bow with her as well. She mostly kept out of melee and didn't wild-shape much. The Wis stat can get very high so the Druid's spells are very hard to resist, plus they are versatile (can heal, shape-change and are decent fighters in a pinch too).
Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 AM   #3
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Best racial choice tho? Probably Aasimar or Drow, just to get the starting Wis of a 20 (guess a Deep Gnome could be interesting too). Would depend on the party to know how bad the ECL could be. And that is assuming you want a pure Druid. I have seen alot of people take 1 or 2 Monk or Barb levels and the rest Druid, and that ends up with a better tank and with enhanced Wild Shape abilities.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Krunchyfrogg, to be quite honest, for spellbook/role-in-the-party choices, try it out yourself. You'll know why it's better and by trying out different spell combos, you'll figure out which ones work better than others. Asking other people which one works better is like asking what profession you should be in real life; sure, you might chance upon a real gem of a suggestion, but more often than not, it just turns out to be what works for the other person. An average person can't become a physicist, while that physicist might not be able to play football professionally.

Now, as to classes: I personally like Human. The extra skills are nice, and the Wis bonus of the other classes isn't that big compared to the points you save on Int.

[ 11-27-2005, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote