Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 10:29 AM   #11
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Roboghost:
About fire and the CWs:
Cold Wights are actually RESISTANT to fire (25%), but a higher level bard and Fireball still does a good job of cooking them anyway.
Hint:
If you had Druid or Cleric power (the both have spells that will cause them grief)...they are EVIL.
A bigger hint:
A link showing the little devils:
http://www.locusinn.com/index.php?hs...creatures&l2=w
I was sure that they were weak against fire. well, I'll take your word for it. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

AoE fire spells are still abundant by this area, and against a swarm of cold wights I would still blast 'em, however.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #12
NobleNick
Quintesson

Roboghost,

I had always imagined Cold Wights as having a negative resistance to Fire. Hard to argue with the data, though. At least the fire resistance is only 25%, as compared to the 100% cold rresistance. Thanks for the link!

Cary,

Nice pic! Thanks for posting it and satiating my curiosity. You are quite a cute lady; and you could definitely pass for the killer blonde (pun intended) in the blue, with the mace!

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 11-11-2004, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #13
NobleNick
Quintesson

Cary,

Did some research over the weekend, and found out that the Bard does not get SLVL spells until CLVL 7. Bummer! If you find it otherwise too hard; go back to DE1 or DE2 and sleep/kill until you level your Bard and can use Fireball. (If your Fighters are at CLVL6 [expo = 32K+], then your Bard must be looking CLVL7 [40K] in the face.)

On a related note: Your Bard DOES have the "Ballad of 3 Heroes." So, in those short stretches where she's doing nothing else; she can sing your warriors into more effectively fighting.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 11-17-2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote