Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 02-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

<font color=plum>There are actually SEVERAL "super hero movies" in various stages of production. There was a direct-to-video Fantastic Four (and Captain America) done several years ago. From all accounts, both sucked horribly.

After the X-Men movie, I looked up super-hero movies to see if a better version of FF was in the works. I found something like 39 different "super hero movies" listed. Some were just in the planning stages, others had actual scripts written and some had gotten far enough to start doing some preliminary casting (Catwoman was one of those on the list). Other notables included Black Panther, Iron Fist, Avengers, Silver Surfer and many, many others.

Basically, just about any major comic super hero you can think of was listed. But this was after the success of the original Spiderman and X-Men movies. Until then, the first Batman movie was normally considered the "best" of the comic genre.

The Superman movies were good for their time, but the special effects back then were so much farther behind what is capable now, that they really weren't even in the same category. The first couple of Batman movies were OK (though I had issues with each one), but the last two just got more and more off-the-wall. At least Spiderman and X-Men have remained true to the comic storylines AND treated the movies as SERIOUS ventures rather than trying to be campy comedic ventures.</font>
Old 02-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #12
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Aren't they making new Superman and Batman movies too?
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:27 AM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
The Batman one is already made. It is coming out soon (this year some time). The Superman movie is still in the works.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:33 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

wow.. i didnt know they are actually doing another superman movie.. hes my favorite among all dc superheros! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:29 AM   #15
Darkman

Where are you getting all this inside info from Cerek? Please share with us [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2005, 03:18 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Watch out for the up and coming Ironman movie, now THAT will be something to watch.

I always thought the Fantastic 4 sucked.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #17
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
The Batman one is already made. It is coming out soon (this year some time). The Superman movie is still in the works. </font>[/QUOTE]All right!!! Something to look forward to this year!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote