Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

Hi I have a comment from a NEWBIE to this game but from an old hand at RPGs and Bradley created games in particular and I also have a few questions . 1st the comment. Even with the patch in Valeia I exploited the: Create Character Bug (Make 1 good character then create 5 MULE characters/pool gold with the good one & delete the other 5 for 1000g) & repeated to get my Real guys outfitted with +1 stuff before setting out on the 1st quests. This was common in Wiz 5, 6, 7. etc. My MAIN question is this: I trained my warriors (I have 3) in either Strengh or Weapon skill & it shows this on my skills menu. I also trained my 2 Priests and Mage in either Spirituality & Int or spell lvl improvement. Fine, I exit the village of Valeia and return to see if I can get more training in Stats and the only answer I get is that my characters are "in training". Can't I just BUY increases in Stats any old time?? Also how can my Priests get skill in Mace or my Wiz in Dagger. They are not offered it at their respective guilds?Also a secondary question: What is the MAX role including points to spend in Character Creation in this game? I didn't settle for less than 80 total and I have 1 or 2 with 85+ points before they started. My third and last ? is do you really need a thief for the 1st crypt dungeon (since they can't be trained in Valeia). I have one in storage but am using 2 priests instead of 1 priest & a rogue.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You can only train once per level-up. You have to wait until you level up you character again to be able to train.

If a character's guild does not offer a training option in a certain skill, then your only option is to assign points to that skill when levelling up. When your characters attain new roles they will be eligible for membership in other guilds which may offer training in the skills you seek. There is also a way of cheating - called the guild hopping method - with which a character will be able to join all the other guilds.

There is no max role. The number of points to spend is randomly generated. And you can improve any character as much as you like in any role.

There is no point in the game at which you need a character with a certain role. You can easily make do without a rogue. However, I would strongly suggest that you get one since his lockpicking and disarming skills will be crucial for entering certain parts of dungeons and opening treasure chests. Eventually a spellcaster will be able to take over that role, but it takes some time before you acquire the relevant spells and the sufficient level of sorcery.

[ 05-10-2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-10-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

As bsftcs pointed out, you can train once in each guild per level. Once you've trained, you get the "in training" message. On the bright side, you get the advantage of the skill while you're in training. For example, if you train sword to level 3, it's immediately level 3. If you train again after your next level up, it would immediately go to level 4. Kind of nice when it gets to skill points...

And I'll echo that there are few required skills. However, a rogue is overrated in my opinion; convert one of your warriors to barbarian, and he (or she) can learn lockpicking, the only really critical rogue skill.

As for your starting characters, you picked a good point total. IIRC, Radek has determined that a score of over... 75 points is a good starting score.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote