Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 01:12 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

I'm looking for a number of Australians to exchange communications about common interests.

I'm particularly keen to discuss sports like cricket.

It gives me no great pleasure to see the demise of the once great Australian team. Seeing bowlers like McGrath, Lee, Gillespie and Kasprosick being despatched to all corners is just demeaning.

Watching Australian players misfielding the ball, flapping at the ball on the boundary, dropping catches - that's just not cricket.

And as for the Aussie batsmen, well they are a joke. Don't they realise they can duck out of the way of the ball. They don't HAVE to allow the ball to hit them. And Ashley Giles is supposed to be cannon fodder. They shouldn't allow him to tie them down!

Ricky Ponting has lost the plot as captain but it's not all his fault. His players are just past it. Actually they are WELL past it!

Happy Days!!!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well I will contribute 2 posts to your little ploy.

0-17 - you guys were due to hold yourselves together sooner or later. The old streak is over and a new one commences.

I watched the Aussie innings, and I felt we lost our way in posting a meagre 260 target. That is the minimum number we expect to post against a pop-gun attack, and we applied ourselves poorly. Mind you - England did hold a few more catches than we are accustomed to, so your guys are showing some improvement in the field that you should be proud of.

Run chases are very much a test of taking early wickets. We didn't get them for one of the few times in recent history. The catches didn't fly to hand but instead fluttered gently into gaps in the field. I had to go to bed fairly early in the Trescothick / Vaughn partnership, but even at that stage I got the impression that although the batsmen were scatching about, luck was going to stay on their side. The usual English wicket avalanche failed to occur, and inexplicably (for a match against the Aussies) your guys showed a bit of backbone.

I realise you guys are starved of success against us over there, so let me congratulate you with a hearty "well done". And for my final word on the matter you will have to go to the last post I will make on this topic [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

CHAMPIONS!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:15 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

Only one Aussie wants to talk cricket??!!!! I'm amazed.

So Davros, what you are basically saying is that we totally outplayed you in every department of the game!

Wellard!!
Memnoch!!

Where are you?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-22-2004, 05:05 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

CHAMPIONS.

Old 09-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

One loss every 5 years .... I can handle it. It keeps the incurable optimism of the Poms going for another 9 months or so before once again we trample it into dust (Ashes even!) [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-22-2004, 05:54 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

Forgot to add.....

Champions

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-22-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

That is the minimum number we expect to post against a pop-gun attack
How would you know ? we didn't use most of it, our # 99 sorted most of your mob out.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:26 PM   #9
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Id throw my 2 cents in as an Aussie, but, seeing as cricket sucks goat balls, I wont [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2004, 06:04 PM   #10
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

LOL @ Dave.

I hear ya. Im not much of a cricket fan. Mainly NRL and Rugby Union.