Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-24-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

Anyone else have problems with this guy? I must've reloaded about 5 times thus far and still cant beat him without losing a few members of my group:

Me: 11th lvl Sorcerer
Minsc: 10th lvl
Anomen: 10th/7th lvl Cleric/Fighter
Jahiera: 9th/12th lvl Fighter/Druid
Viconia: 10th lvl Cleric
Jan: 11th/11th lvl Thief/Illusionist

Cast haste, Bless, protection from fire (on all), protection from evil 10'radius, death ward (on 4 members - I only had 4 of those spells) before entering.

entered and used Jan and main character to cast breach, spell thrust and greater malison. Used Jahiera to cast summon insects and miscast continually on Lich. Had Anomen and Viconia continually casting Holy strike (about 8 spells between them).

Didnt have any problems with the demon. I'm guessing that I removed the Lich's protection from evil spell.

Tried this multiple times. Summoned a bunch of crap and had main characters leave the room to let Lich waste his spells on summoned creatures (on a few of the attempts).

Main problem: Lich figures out which characters arent protected by Death Ward and casts Finger of Death on them.

I wanted to fight this Lich before doing Unseeing Eye quest, to get that sword that can cast Sunray. Anyone have any ideas? And how do I get a character resurrected?
Old 09-24-2001, 09:30 AM   #2
Luther
Manshoon

If you only want the Daystar sword you don't actually have to kill the Lich. Just get your thief to sprint in, unlock the chest and grab the sword, then sprint out again. It works like a charm, and the Lich won't follow you. You get your precious sword, and the Lich gets to go back to sleep. Everybody's happy
Old 09-24-2001, 09:30 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Simple, you can either dispel his spells and pelt him with arrows or leave the other members outside. better than them dying right?

------------------

You guys heard Chiharumut, whattabout Ba[H]eartamut???
Old 09-24-2001, 09:32 AM   #4
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Run behind him quickly, pinch the daystart from the chest and use sunray!

------------------

Within the jungle of my deepest emotion,
With a coat resplendant in a golden sheen,
Swiftly hunting my tender love,
Stalks the regal, Feline Queen
Old 09-24-2001, 05:59 PM   #5
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Run behind him quickly, pinch the daystart from the chest and use sunray!

Or, buy yourself a protection from Magic Scroll, a Protection from Undead Scroll read them, and just beat the snot out of the lich with the most powerful weapon you have.

Old 09-24-2001, 06:04 PM   #6
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Blanten cheat but you could try the old 'Fake Talk' routine on him.
Old 09-24-2001, 08:57 PM   #7
Desuma_Malevois

I've read elsewhere about someone who just cast Improved Invisibility on a couple of their party members and sent them in to attack. After the lich's Time Stop wore off, the two were still intact with Imp. Inv. still up (this lich apparently didn't carry any kind of Dispel Invisible/True Sight spell and was unable to target them). Then the two just pelted him with +2 Arrows until he expired.

I won't attest to the accuracy of the above, but I'm going to give it a try the next time I take him on.

BTW, you resurrect someone by going to a temple or casting a Raise Dead/Resurrect spell on the character's picture to the right of your screen. Don't forget to pick up their equipment!

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 09-24-2001).]

Old 09-24-2001, 09:06 PM   #8
hagimihale
Manshoon

I couldnt use the "fake talk" strategy even if I wanted to - the dang Lich turns red the moment I walk in the room.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:37 PM   #9
chinese noodle
Manshoon

i just sent in all my guys and had three people attack him with melee and two guys using ranged weapons and i guys continually casting mass heal, all my people were hasted.

------------------
Old 09-24-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you have a thief, try putting some traps in the inn outside the room.

Then, get the thief to drink some oil of speed and enter the room. You should have enough time to unlock the chest to get the daystar sword. (Meanwhile, Lich will be casting protection spells, followed by Time Stop, Meteor Swarm, etc.).

Thief, get out of the room quick! Mage identifies the sword and fighter equips it. If the Lich does come out, the traps will hurt it a bit and you can use Daystar's ability "Sunray", which will further hurt the Lich. Also use the Ring of Ram on the Lich, and you should finish him off.

The only problem is if the Lich had cast Mislead, which means the actual Lich is still in the room. But in that case, you have all the time in the world to return later to kill him off.

Hope this helps!