Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-25-2001, 09:24 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I heard about a patch which adds new items and merchants to game. Sounds interesting. But I wonder if its official or not,I mean, the items sounds cheaty? it sounds tricky idaeas about it=?
Old 08-25-2001, 09:27 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Not a cheat, something you get w/ the collectors addition.
Old 08-25-2001, 10:31 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
I heard about a patch which adds new items and merchants to game. Sounds interesting. But I wonder if its official or not,I mean, the items sounds cheaty? it sounds tricky idaeas about it=?
Actually, it came with the game if you ordered it off the internet early. It is an official release, and I would not call it cheating (you have to buy all of the stuff it adds, and none of it is cheap, so really not overbalancing). It is at the Baldurdash site (link below):

http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/tweaksandcheats.html

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-25-2001, 11:21 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

The main thing this "Collector's Edition CD" does is add a special merchant within the Adventure's Mart. This merchant carries items from the legendary Baldur and from the RPG Torment.

According to the latest patch info, the new ToB "official" patch includes the merchant you are looking for.

The Bonus CD (different from the Collector's Edition CD) that came with some games gives you a similar merchant in the Copper Coronet who offers expensive items from Icewind Dale.

No this is not cheating, all the items are part of the game, and all are extremely expensive (no gimme's here).

Enjoy...

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 08-25-2001).]
Old 08-26-2001, 02:37 AM   #5
HooC
The Magister

I bought a cheap collectors edition with humm... 25 dollars, about.. Although it was used already and it didnt include T-shirt and those stuff.