Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-06-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
The Raven

What am I supposed to do when I get to the Altar of Serran? Also, where can I get more Underwater Helms / Breathers? I have only been able to get 3 helms and 1 breather from the old man at the docks.
Aloha!!
Old 03-06-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
Max
Dungeon Master

You don't have to do any thing at the Alter of Seran, it will heal you if you need it and if your on a quest to find it then the quest will be given for just finding it. If you are on Paladin training then just talk to the alter and go back to town to get you Paladin.

As far as more re-breathers goes, just keep taking him more conch shells for, every three you take him he will make any combination of masks or re-breathers.

------------------
......shake it baby.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 02:32 AM   #3
Gamplamax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's another alter of Seran outside Brimloch Roon,so you don't have to travel back to Valeia to complete Paladin quest later in the game.
Gamplamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 02:44 AM   #4
FanPyre
Dungeon Master

You dont have to even bring everyone underwater, i brought my whole party but only 3 had helms (breathers didnt make a difference to drowning for me for some reason), so i let 3 people drown, but i made sure i gave a helm to my monk.
there arent any major physical challenges underwater (mostly crabs eels fish and sharks) but there is a mother crab (who is easy to kill) and she has a LOT of hp so u should give a helm to a good fighter, magic is redundant underwater so let your wizards drown.Give a mask to your traps/locks expert.
Good Luck \>
FanPyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 12:20 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Whoops! I've never intentionally let one of my characters "drown", although that would be justification for using the "Resurrect" spell . Alternatively, you can leave some of them behind in the Inn in Brimloch Roon...just make sure they're not carrying anything important (like the Tomes of creation!) The Inn has a propensity to "eat" items.

On a side note, I've never had any difficulty equipping all my guys with breathers and helms. Granted, I play with a 4-character party rather than 6-character (6 characters tends to get redundant later on, IMO), but even when I had a 6-character party in my first play-through, I was able to equip everyone with breathers. You have to be patient; patrol the seas between Brimloch Roon and Skull Island; that's where most crabs spawn. Turning Spawn Rate up to "frequent" helps mightily as well. And it definitely helps having a character good in scouting, as they will "alert" the others when a crab is nearby.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote