Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-09-2001, 05:11 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

stop putting unrealistic expectations on YOUR OWN president

he is him, accept him. now it is time to follow his lead, judge his decision if neccissary, but difinitely NOT a time to accuse him for stuttering!

Black dog, white dog, the dog that bites is the good dog... says whom?
Old 10-09-2001, 05:17 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
stop putting unrealistic expectations on YOUR OWN president

he is him, accept him. now it is time to follow his lead, judge his decision if neccissary, but difinitely NOT a time to accuse him for stuttering!

Black dog, white dog, the dog that bites is the good dog... says whom?
Excuse me, why not? When a person is elected (I use the term in its loosest possible sense) to do one of the most important jobs on the planet, you'd expect him to be up to the job. A president may often find himself in situations where he has to speak off the cuff, in public and in private. An inability to do so could have untold consequences. We're not talking a university lecturer here, you know. The words that come out of this man's mouth are changing and will continue to change history. So he better be sure that what comes out is what he intended to say.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-09-2001, 05:23 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

All I was saying was that he should at least be trying to sound like he is in control. Babbling is not good when you are in front of the camera.

I saw the press conference and this is what happened. If anyone else saw it and has a different take on it, I welcome the counter argument!

Mark
Old 10-09-2001, 05:27 PM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Excuse me, why not? When a person is elected (I use the term in its loosest possible sense) to do one of the most important jobs on the planet, you'd expect him to be up to the job. A president may often find himself in situations where he has to speak off the cuff, in public and in private. An inability to do so could have untold consequences. We're not talking a university lecturer here, you know. The words that come out of this man's mouth are changing and will continue to change history. So he better be sure that what comes out is what he intended to say.

he words doesnt change a damn thing, that is something I am sure as hell

if something changes history, that is BY HIS ACTIONS

history is created, not spoke, not talked, not debated, not speeched.
as long as he does the job and make the BEST decision, then I am with him. which one constitution says the president has to be a inspirational public speaker? I mean... Adolf Hitler was quite good, you know?
Old 10-09-2001, 05:28 PM   #15
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
All I was saying was that he should at least be trying to sound like he is in control. Babbling is not good when you are in front of the camera.

Mark
thats true, but that is not something I going to lose sleep for