Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 01:43 PM   #1
DEADMAN
Manshoon

IN CERTAIN AREAS LIKE VALGYARS HOUSE ON THE 2ND LEVEL OR THROUGH THE DOOR THAT TELEPORTS YOU ON THE DOCKS, MY SYSTEM GOES TO THE LOAD AREA SCREEN AND NOTHING LOADS AND EVENTUALY CRASHES THE GAME ! I DONT KNOW IF IT IS A BUG OR IF MY CD DRIVE IS OING BAD, I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEBODY ELSE IS HAVING SIMILIAR PROBLEMS ?

I KNOW THESE AREAS ARE PROBABLY NOT IMPORTANT, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AROUND.
THANKS
Old 08-22-2001, 10:34 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I of course have to ask...you have the patch installed?

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-23-2001, 01:02 AM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Please don't type in all caps - it hurts my eyes.

I too had this bug (and the SoA patch was installed). But it seems random. What I did was to visit another area, maybe tak to a few people, and come back later. It worked properly then.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:58 AM   #4
HooC
The Magister

Ehh... Now tap lightly the caps lock button... Goood... Now raise your finger slooowly and put it back to table. There. Now it is much easier to read =)
Old 08-23-2001, 09:20 AM   #5
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Sorry about the caps, I visit from work when I have time and I need the caps on for that and always forget about turning them off.

I'll try leaving and talking to some people to see if that works, the damn door at the bridge has cost me 2 rogue stones so far. Yes, I have the patch installed ( no worries, the question has to asked, I work customer service and it is suprising what people do ).

[This message has been edited by DEADMAN (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #6
NiamhFoxling
Dungeon Master

*grin* I used to work at a place like that. Then I'd get in trouble there for having taken capslock off....

At any rate, all I can think of is what previous folks have said, which is find the various patches if you haven't already. If you already have the patch, well, um, no clue as to what might be your problem. I eventually had to just turn in my original copy of the first BG, because that mage school ruin/dungeon crashed me like that.

------------------
Playing the cutest li'l Chaotic characters since 1996.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:00 PM   #7
DEADMAN
Manshoon

NiamhFoxling

I always liked the char your using from Fushugi Yugi, You do know the open secret ?