Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I've tried to go online and get a picture of these particular jeans I saw at Old Navy the other day, but they show everything but them!!

Anyway, went to Old Navy this weekend and they had these jeans there, that had not only holes put in, and brownishly worn out colored, but also had STAINS put on them. Yes that's right, stains. Kinda like dark grease stains, most were around a front pocket or on the upper leg area.

These jeans looked hideous to me. I mean I get the holes part, as jeans have been sold with holes in them for ages now, but stains? I just don't get that part. I mean what is so attractive with the stain thing? And can't you just stain up your own jeans rather than pay for it, if you must have stains LOL?

I just find it ridiculous, and hilarious. But maybe I'm out of the loop now and it is some cool "look"? Oh, and all the baseball caps they had there had fringed tips on the bill part. Sheesh I'm starting to think, is Old Navy meant to be "old" looking stuff? Cause I never got that until now if that is the case LOL.

Does anyone here wear the "stained" jeans? If so, why LOL? I'm not gonna rag on you either if you do, just want to know why people may like that kind of style is all.

Bah, sucks I can't find a pic of these jeans from the Old Navy site, everything but the stained ones LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Maybe somebody wore those jeans to Old Navy, brought a real pair into the changing room, and wore the new ones out, ala Bowfinter. Though the prestained, preholed jean concept really wouldn't surprise me, either... I've noticed a disturbing trend in pre-holed, extremely expensive jeans. What nonsense.

Edit- It's Bowfinger, not Bowfinter.

[ 07-13-2004, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #3
coyote696
The Magister

i am thinking stop throwing out my old clothes and sell them to the young people so i can go get some new ones......if they want worn out stained up jeans and ball caps,,,,, i'll be rich in no time......pack the kids momma we done struck it rich$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Stains? That's a new one.
I don't think I like these new jeans. And you made a good point when you said, "And can't you just stain up your own jeans rather than pay for it, if you must have stains LOL?"
I wouldn't buy a pair of jeans that had stains already on them, I want clean jeans. If I want stains I'll put stains on them myself.
How much did these jeans cost anyway?
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 07-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

ROTFL! Still couldn't find the pic of them? Maybe you should go into the store with a digital camera!

I dunno, I never got the whole 'holes premade' idea, myself. I like my jeans looking new,unstained, rip free, please! The faded look doesn't bother me, although I can fade things myself, but holes? Dang, we used to sit and sew those up.

So what you're telling me is that if I rip up new jeans and pour stuff on them to stain them they're worth more? Fashionable? LOL I'll never get that one!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

bad cloudy...double post
Old 07-12-2004, 10:25 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
bad cloudy...double post
Bad stormy, spamming. Double post? what double post?

Lauren, what I wonder is exactly what do they USE to make the stains with? YUK!
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Lauren they were $30.00 LOL. They even had a manekin wearing a pair on display. Well...half of a manekin, was just half a male torso with legs, wearing the jeans with the zipper unzipped and the underwear showing. Man it was the most absurd thing I've ever seen LOL. Seriously if any of yall have an Old Navy nearby, check it out and see if you see what I see with these stained jeans, it can't be just our Old Navy in my area. If so, man that says a lot about my area LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 07-12-2004, 11:09 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I know the jeans you are talking about "Dirty Denim" they are called.

I've lost count on how many jeans I've torn. For all I know Mr Levi's is scouring the rubbish tip for old jeans then reselleing them.

Now thats Recycling!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I think I might have to go to my grandmothers home after all, I am sure I have some old staind up jeans there from when I was a teenager [img]smile.gif[/img] and cloudy, they probably use machine grease to stain them