Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
jeff123
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Help! I read somewhere that Yoshimo was going to stab me in the back. I dont know when. Do you advise me to just replace him with someone else? Anomen is t empting. I'm just afraid I wont be able to finish a mission because my party is quite weak as it is. Thanks!

Thanks!

jeff123
jeff123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by jeff123:
Help! I read somewhere that Yoshimo was going to stab me in the back. I dont know when. Do you advise me to just replace him with someone else? Anomen is t empting. I'm just afraid I wont be able to finish a mission because my party is quite weak as it is. Thanks!

Thanks!

jeff123
SPOILER!!

Yes he will. In the Spellhold(?), Yoshimo will turn sides..I played through the second time and had six members, switching Nalia for Yoshimo..BIG MISTAKE! See Yoshimo leaves, which brings you down to five members..leaving you room for 1 more to join...trust me, you'll need that sixth slot open..
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #3
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Jeff!
SPOILER!
There does come a point later in the game that Yoshidude betrays you. But, it is very survivable. I think most of us kept Yoshi our first few times around. They don't make him the best thief NPC for nothing, heh. If you do want to get rid of him, you can always pick up Jan Jensen, he is a mediocre thief, and some people use Nalia as well. It's really no problem though as far as the outcome or effect on your game, you will be able to handle it either way.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 01:41 PM   #4
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you've read this far you've probably found out anyway

WHEN YOSHIMO BETRAYS YOU [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... he attacks you. He ain't that tough, you can take him on solo and have Imoen hold your coat. What I did was ditch him at beginning, pick up another char, then, when going to spellhold, I picked him up and then had the story (if you don't have him when you get to spellhold, sameon harvarian betrays you)
Old 04-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I guess you have got answer on the Yoshi-betrayment ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), so all I can do, is to give you a little tip:
There is no need to switch Yoshi, cause when he betrayes you, you'll get an unexpected addition to the party...
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 04:54 PM   #6
samoza
The Magister

Yoshi is a cool character , youve already been spoiled alot so ill tell you that hes easy to kill and you get 200000 xp if you take his heart to a lathander temple(spelling?) (theres one in the slums). OK so 200 k isnt that much, my advise would be to pick jan up and not bother with the yoshi hassel, traps are a pretty good cheese tactic, especially the super traps that you get in ToB