Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-09-2001, 08:35 PM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

This is my first post here. I just wanted some opinions on what Americans think there president is doing. Hes making lots of countrys MAD. These include China and most of Europe.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-09-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

When people have too much power they usually bite more than they could chew.

The result is a wondrously big ego and head with the idea that they have a proper authority - and a world where Everything Is Under control

Sadly this delusion is something that as to be realised, since arrogant can only be cured with time and words: Not medicine.

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 04-09-2001, 08:40 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I can't say many of us care for him either. I sure didn't vote him in. Of course, I haven't been alive long enough to say I've ever known a truly worthwhile American leader.

Old 04-09-2001, 08:43 PM   #4
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I dont think your country did. I liked Clinton thoe he made me laugh. OK he did a few bad things but genraly he seemed OK.

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 08:44 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I really dont think Gore would have been any better. He's such a stiff. Not that I'm a Bush fan either *sigh* I did like his father though
Old 04-09-2001, 08:46 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If most Americans could ever get over their preoccupation with sex, Clinton probably wouldn't have been as hot news as he was. So he screwed around. Big deal. So do 10,000,000 other jerks in this country (and that's probably a conservative estimate). We're probably one of the most voyeuristic nations on Earth.

What I have a problem with Clinton about is the underhanded deals he made. Most of them are just coming to the surface. The vote buying one with Hilary's brother is a bad one all the way around.

Old 04-09-2001, 08:47 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I never thought I would have said this, but you're right, Lord of Alcohol...George Bush Sr. was a much better president than his son has proven to be so far.

Not that that's really SAYING anything, mind you...

Old 04-09-2001, 08:49 PM   #8
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

He could be just trying to show the world he is prepared to get things done, and not afraid to stand up for himself etc... because he's new.I not a big fan though, especially after the Kyoto thing. Having said that I'm not a big fan of most politicians...
Old 04-09-2001, 08:53 PM   #9
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

The Genral feeling I have is that monkeys could do a better job of running countrys than polaticians. At least monkeys have brains and are not evil.

------------------
Old 04-09-2001, 09:02 PM   #10
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
If most Americans could ever get over their preoccupation with sex, Clinton probably wouldn't have been as hot news as he was. So he screwed around. Big deal. So do 10,000,000 other jerks in this country (and that's probably a conservative estimate). We're probably one of the most voyeuristic nations on Earth.

What I have a problem with Clinton about is the underhanded deals he made. Most of them are just coming to the surface. The vote buying one with Hilary's brother is a bad one all the way around.

I just have one two things to say about this sublect.

1. It wasn't the fact he had the affair, it's the fact that he got on national TV, waggled his finger at me and said he did nothing.

2. Bush Jr. has only been here a couple months, give him a chance to really screw it up, b4 you attack him, or say he he's a bad president.

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"