Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2001, 10:44 PM   #71
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

is Yorick here? hello Charean!
Old 03-24-2001, 12:50 PM   #72
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Charean, thankyou for that last post. I appreciate your words as I was a little apprehensive about how you'd take my last one.
The respect goes both ways of course

Re. My light... My certainty in what I don't believe in is normally as a result of what I do. I have my light, one that I found a long time ago, but because I have a relationship with that light - with the Creator Awareness, or Jesus - it is one which is never static, and which is the focus of much searching in itself. Searching to understand and relish what he/it has created and consequently understand and know him/it more.

Like any relationship there have been highs and lows, and times when I've wanted time out, or been full of rage at perceived 'deafness' to my pleas. But coming through these I can only say I have no doubt whatsoever he exists, and my awe and love for his genius, grace, generosity and forgiveness continues to increase and increase.

Sorry if I'm being 'preachy' Charean but you did ask

My 'faith' is based on logical assumtions, but of course when you think about it, all I can really prove is that I exist (I think - so I exist) so at some point the element of faith has to come in somewhere. Belief in a universal architect or artist seems to make sense and give reason to the beauty and order apparent in the world, and the Faith/Theology that preaches of a loving God desiring relationship with us gives that beauty a reason.

The Great Soul theory doesn't make as much sense to me, and denys us our individuality. Nirvana to me makes life completely pointless and, as I'm an 'annhialationist' Christian, Nirvana - or the obliteration of the soul/awareness - is my 'hell'. (An annhialationist doesn't believe 'Hell' is an eternal place of torment but is rather the cessation of existance. This BTW is based on Biblical interpretation and what I believe to be the character of the Creator.)

Hope this partially 'illuminates' my 'light'.

Oh, and of course there are some earthly things I'm searching for, but these are independant of my belief system.

Hope you're o.k. I'm off too bed in a tic.
Good talking with you Charean.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!