Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Sad

Inspired by Aelia's Great Big Quiz and in an effort to increase interaction in the forums, and get to know more about our fellow men and women at IW, we are proudly presenting the Great Big 5-Question-Thread. Similar idea to the Quiz, only here you get to ask the questions.

RULES
_One person is the Answerer. Any member of the forum can direct any question to him/her. After 5 questions have been answered the Answerer picks someone else to take his place and be the new Answerer. Again 5 questions are directed to him/her after which a new one is chosen... etc
_Each person is allowed to ask one or two questions only per Answerer. You don't have to wait till the Answerer answers the previous question but can ask immediately. However remember that only 5 questions per Answerer so after 5 questions have been asked wait for a new Answerer to be assigned before asking.
_The Answerer nominates a new Answerer in his place after answering the 5 questions. Please choose someone who asked questions. You can choose someone else only if you're 100% sure that that person wants to participate (for example he expressed his desire to do so or you sent him a PM). Similarly by asking a question you agree to take part in this and to be the Answerer should you be chosen.
_As the Answerer you promise to answer evry question truthfully. I want this to be taken seriously. We can't know when you're lying, but you can.
_Questions can be about anything. The only rule about this is to remember the forum's code of conduct, and keep it PG please. You can check the Quiz link above for sample questions.

So that's it. We'll see how it goes and what response this gets. If you ever wanted to know anything about any member here, or if you're the kind of person who loves talking about him(her)self, this is the place for you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Enjoy and have fun.

EDIT:
I'll be updating the list of people who have answered so far

Aelia Jusa
ZFR
Illumina Drathiran'ar
robertthebard
shadowhound
Hivetyrant
bungleau
machinehead
Sever
Madman-Rogovich
Lauren
toot003
Lucern
Callum
Ivellis
SecretMaster
Captain Obvious
Sir Goulum

[ 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-10-2006, 01:06 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Well, Aelia has kindly volunteered to be the first Answerer. So 5 questions go to her.

And I get the honour of asking first. Here goes:

1. What genre of computer (video) games do you enjoy most?
2. When was the last time you cried and why?

Three more questions for Aelia. Ask away.

(please number next questions 3, 4, 5...)
Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

3. What was your first computer/console game? Whichever applies.

4. Cheeseburgers, or Filet Mignon?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
5. Why the flying pig, is there a funny story there?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Right then. Waiting on Aelia.

PS I'm still not sure if the number of questions per person (1 or 2), or the number of questions per Answerer (5) is right. Too much? Too little? I thought of something like not less than 5 not more than 10. But not sure.
We'll keep the numbers as they are for now and see how it goes. But if anyone has any suggestion I'm all ears. The final rules decision belongs to me though [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 07-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:

1. What genre of computer (video) games do you enjoy most?
2. When was the last time you cried and why?

1. Probably strategy/building type games like civilisation, colonisation, caesar, etc. I like RPGs as well but I have spent many many happy hours playing strategy games.

2. I think the last time was earlier this year. We were being kicked out of our offices at uni and the people in charge did not seem to be making much effort to find us new places. I was feeling really frustrated and kind of desperate because all we were getting was platitudes, while other 'special' people were getting found offices straight away. It was just a really frustrating situation and my brother was there and it all kind of came flooding out. To my surprise (and embarrassment), this turned out to actually be a useful thing because my brother was so incensed that he wrote a rather 'direct', to put it politely, email to the head of school regarding how shabbily the department was treating its postgrads and I found myself with an office soon after (possibly in spite of this though ).

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:

3. What was your first computer/console game? Whichever applies.

4. Cheeseburgers, or Filet Mignon?
3. I think it was a game called Alley Cat where you were a kitten and had to get past levels like eating food out of dogs' bowls or catching fish in a bowl or getting things off a bookshelf without big cats attacking you. It was fun!

4. I guess cheeseburgers if I had to choose, I'm not a fan of steak, but neither do I like fast food cheeseburgers that much. A homemade hamburger with cheese is definitely yummy, though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina:

5. Why the flying pig, is there a funny story there?
5. Not really; when I first joined IW I wanted a sig, and I found Pink at a Pink Floyd website (he is a Pink Floyd pig) and he was like my mascot/familiar/pet/etc. I think he was evil or something, some clan silliness or somesuch . I think I just liked his cute little wings, mostly [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well hopefully that settled all those burning issues I know people have wanted to ask me for ages .

I think 5 questions is enough, if they require more than a few words response then it takes a while to answer so that's plenty.

Anyway, I think the next answererer should be ZFR since it was his idea and I liked his questions [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Aright , this looks fun.

ZFR
Question 1: What does ZFR stand for? (and I don't mean youre morals )
Old 07-10-2006, 05:47 PM   #9
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

2: What is the most important thing in your life?
Old 07-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #10
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

3. Would you lend me $20?