Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-10-2002, 07:03 AM   #91
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
You can play too Davros. Lets all play army men and get along [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Looks agahst at Pauly and shudders - think I better find me some o that Wild Turkey and drown myself - ayways LOA - we should stop spammin up this thread - and don't go throwing rocks about like that - you could put someone's eye out doin a dang stoopid think like that
Old 11-10-2002, 07:06 AM   #92
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OTP!!! HIYA!

How's the family? And the dog? I've missed getting dog slobbered on! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*hugs*
The family is great! The wife is beautiful. The little barnacle is all boy (read into that what you will). And the dog is as loyal as ever (although I wish she wouldn't bark so much). Tonight the wife is out so it's just Little Starbuck and myself. We just finished building a Duplo pyramid - acutally I built it slightly faster than he could destroy it (see the above comment about being "all boy") - and I just put him down for the night. All is better than I deserve. Thanks for asking! How have you been?

Frog eggs....hmmm....I'm impressed. Does this mean you were a Tom Boy or just inquisitive? I'm trying to picture you, a Southern Belle, with your pants hiked up to your knees, wading near the bank, hunting for frog eggs.
[/QUOTE]I'm so happy to hear things are going well for you. [img]smile.gif[/img] *more hugs* LOL - I can fully understand the 'all boy' thing...I've nanny'd enough to know how they are.

And yes, I was all kinds of tomboy. Kissed a worm once because the boys thought it would gross me out. Kissed a frog, too, just to prove them wrong. [img]tongue.gif[/img] And you pictured it right, too. Jeans hiked up to the knees and wading barefoot in the creek. [img]smile.gif[/img] I wasn't trying to find frogs eggs, just seeing what I could see and happened across them. I was (still am) such a nature nut! Sometimes I think I should have been a botanist or zoologist as much as I love being outdoors and watching wildlife. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:19 AM   #93
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Oh! And our 'competition' was seeing who would swing the highest before jumping out. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes, it does hurt the feet a LOT! But, as far as I remember, we never got seriously hurt.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:44 AM   #94
Donut
Jack Burton

Edited in deference to Dragon Mage's request.

[ 11-10-2002, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-10-2002, 07:48 AM   #95
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Please, Donut...don't start anything up in here. It's already been pointed out this is a lighthearted thread...we're having fun in here, so just join in the merriment and don't nitpick.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:52 AM   #96
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Please, Donut...don't start anything up in here. It's already been pointed out this is a lighthearted thread...we're having fun in here, so just join in the merriment and don't nitpick.
Apologies DM. I totally agree that this is a light hearted thread. I was suprised at how much my childhood was similar to LadyZ's. I remember earning some spending money by knocking on people's doors asking to wash their cars. I don't think children could do that now.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-10-2002, 08:21 AM   #97
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

*sigh*

I give up.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:32 AM   #98
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
*sigh*

I give up.
I don't understand why. I edited out my question because of your post. I could't delete it without making your post look silly.

I'm with you on this DM. You have misinterpreted my post.

I was thinking of how innocence had been lost over the generations. Like this:

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

We went outside and found them. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rung the bell or just walked in and talked to them. Imagine such a thing. Without asking a parent! By ourselves! Out there in the cold cruel world! Without a guardian.
How did we do it?

I was giving an example of something from my own childhood which showed a parallel with Ladyz's experience.

[ 11-10-2002, 08:38 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
Old 11-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #99
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, now I'm all confused. MagiK, and LoA ,I was frustrated at not having an enemy for my army men to fight, so I went to the hobby shop and got some model paint, and painted half of them with white uniforms and blue helmets. And that was before that I knew that U.N. troops wore blue helmets.
Old 11-10-2002, 09:17 AM   #100
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I don't understand why. I edited out my question because of your post. I could't delete it without making your post look silly.

I'm with you on this DM. You have misinterpreted my post.

I was thinking of how innocence had been lost over the generations.I was giving an example of something from my own childhood which showed a parallel with Ladyz's experience.
Sorry...I guess I'm a bit touchy this morning. I did not go reread your first post to see you'd edited it and, upon reading your second, thought you were being facetious. I am very sorry...