Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2000, 11:43 AM   #1
JaredC80SF

Well I just beat Shurugeon Castle. This was by far easier than the snake temple and crypt, at least in terms of looking for little tiny buttons hidden in dark cracks. It was still no piece of cake though. Here are some of the main parts:

5 Evil Elements:

1. Treasure Room - This was probably the hardest puzzle of the bunch. In a square room with 4 pillars, you'll see 8 gargoyle switches on the pillars. Behind them is a gate with 2 chests. One evil element is in one of those chests. Now, 7 of the 8 switches can be turned on/off, while 1 of them is a sort of Master Switch. You can tell which one this is because it will not stay in the ON position. (By ON I mean with longer tongue and glowing eyes). When you tug the master switch it goes into ON position then coils back into off. What you have to do is put each of the 7 normal switches into ON position, then tug on the Master switch. The only problem is when you turn on some of the switches, it turns others off. I didn't really see a pattern, I just kept turning all the switches on until eventually they were all good. It really only took a few minutes. Then tug on the master, and Voila! Evil Element One.

2. Ardibren - Eventually you'll meet up with Ardi and he'll want to meet you outside the castle. Go out and talk with him and he'll give you Evil Element Two, along with the locations of the others. He also dies from some unseen attack by the Wolf creature, which I still haven't found for the mayor.

3. Armory - In the armory there is a watchman skeleton just staring blankly through a cell. All I did was toast him with a spell and he opened the door as he died. Evil Element Three in a chest there. BTW I had to jump and cast the spell to get it through the grate.

4. Dungeon Catacombs - You'll find a staircase leading down into the prison area, which in turn will drop you into a hole. Go through what you can, and up some stairs you will find a switch. This switch opens a gate in the spot where you first drop in. Go back in and head through the gate, you'll find the vampire chick. Lysandra I think. heh, she's quite the naughty girl, especially when you see what shape this element is in. Well anyway she offers to give you the Evil Element if you let her bite you. Which turns you into a vampire. I didn't want that so I just pickpocketed it off her. I'm sure you could just kill her too.

5. D'Soto's Tower - Its kinda hard to explain how to get here, but you have to load again and you end up back in the courtyard, but in a building. Go upstairs and you'll see D'sotos ghost moaning and groaning. Grab the last EE from a chest and you're all set.

Keys:

There are only 2 keys in here, and they're easy to find. The master key is hanging on some little.. well.. hanger thingy in the room after you fist meet D'soto. The other one, Magus key, is in a chest on the second floor above this grated area.

Master key is used for opening the doors at the start of the level. Except one, which I picked open to find a chest and a fountain that would heal and cure disease.

Magus key is used in Ardibrens room on a mechanism to open his bookshelf to secret tunnel. In one of the chests back there I found a runed figure that was needed for a Magic Guild quest. Also in his room I found his journal needed for Rogue guild quest.

Kicking Hareabus's Arse:

First perform the ritual in the claw room. Put all 5 statues in the claws, and the Death Masque from the serpent temple in the middle. Light show happens, and you take the mask. Go meet up with big daddy, who is right at the start of castle behind one of the doors. Enter room, use mask on him, he gets pissed, you beat him down, mask sucks him up. D'soto is happy! D'soto tells you that the Dragon is the last watcher, and you have to say a special word to him then give him a cloth (Which you find in a chest after killin Harbereus).

Well thats about all I can remember, there wasn't too much to this one. If anyone has a question or can't understand my retarded explanations (hehe), let me know!

Happy Adventuring!

Jared

Old 10-09-2000, 08:34 PM   #2
rangerzx

where is the claw room is my only question ; got all my elements & know where helabus is hanging out ; he cast flamestrike when i said hello

Old 10-11-2000, 12:15 AM   #3
BlackFiend

Hmm. Well, I found the "Tower of Rite".

There is a small bedroom past a stairway which is blocked by a gate. In the bedroom is a bookcase which you can open with a strange looking lever (can't remember where I got that). In the back is a Garg yank. Pull that and the gate to the stairwell opens. Up there is the circle of Rite.

Dunno why I didn't pull the Garg yank to open the gate in the first place, but oh well.

Old 10-11-2000, 03:03 AM   #4
BlackFiend

I'm looking for the claw room also. The NPC called it the Tower of Rite so I was looking in Desoto's tower... BTW, what is that stupid plank out the window in Desoto's tower? YOu pull the garg yank and it opens a grate to it...

As for the Treasury trick, it works like this: there are two distinct sets of garg yanks; one is the master. Each set only affects the gargs in that set... so now you can see it's not so hard. Say "a" is one set and "b" is another. m is the master switch and D is the door. - and ! are the walls.

.....!a..a!
...--!....!--
...b........b
D............
...b........b
...--!....!--
.....!m..a!

So all you have to do is pull the "b"s until they all hang low. Then do the three "a"s. Like I said, the a and b sets don't affect each other. Then pull the master switch last.