Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-17-2001, 02:47 PM   #1
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Can I fall in love with Nalia?

Aerie is very cute she's so sweet but unfortunately she's multi-classed and it causes her to advance level slowly but Nalia is the best Mage in the game (if I'm wrong please correct me, note that I'm at good side so I can't have evil mages) well as Cleric let's get Anomen (his skills may be low but his WIS increases after) you got 1 super mage and 1 super cleric! As thief Yoshimo is the only choice except Imoen and Jan. When I find Jan I'll kick him

And one question,
I'm at chapter 2 and I'm without Imoen. In other chapters can I have her or she goes off oftenly?

Old 08-17-2001, 02:53 PM   #2
Tuor
Elminster

Don't kick Jan he's hilarious as for the mage question if you keep your repuation down Edwin is a better mage than Nalia who whines a lot.

Jan is also a better bet as a thief than Yoshimo because he gets mage spells.

Welcome to the Forum

You can get Imoen later on I'm not saying more than that because it'l spoil the game.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:02 PM   #3
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
... Nalia is the best Mage in the game (if I'm wrong please correct me, note ...
I'm really not a fan of Nalia, found her to be a dead weight. I'm just about to dump her a second time as I'm heading off to get Valygar in this new restarted game. As far as her being the best mage? Nope, no way, she's a dual class which means that it kills her highest level mage skills. In my book, she's weak and useless. And yes, I believe that, weight for weight, Jan is far, far better than Nalia.

As for Yoshimo, without giving any spoilers here, all I say is "Never again". As for Imoen, she won't come back before a long, very long while. There too I had a long debate, if she'd be any value to my team by then but I'm not even sure I'd have the choice to toss her off as I took her back into the team just because of her sexy voice ;] Oh! and she did become a very powerful fighter in my first game eventhough she's a Mage/robber! She's was in the front lines, fighting one-on-one battles with the some of the best ones out there, given she had a proper weapon in her hands.

[This message has been edited by Wildhorse (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 03:40 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I concur. I take Nalia for her quest and nothing more. Dead, ANNOYING weight.
Old 08-17-2001, 03:56 PM   #5
Billikins the Bold
The Magister

Me, I quite like Nalia, and she is the best good mage in the game! She's a dualled thief/mage, not multi-class so she does gain experience much more quickly then Aerie.

Personally though, I've kept the pair of them when I've played a good party, and had Anomen as well. This gives a quality cleric, a quality mage and a "second string" in both.

As to Nalia moaning... after Xan in BG1 nothing is bad and I mean nothing

("Xan, meet a room of monsters. Room of monsters meet Xan. The rest of us will be just behind this door while you make friends Xan......")

------------------
Fear? I know not the meaning of the word. And you can keep that dictionary away from me!
Old 08-17-2001, 05:48 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have Nalia in ToB, currently level 27. She is my primary spell-user and she kicks a lot of ass for the needy. I want to marry her but worry about her snobby aunt. I wrote Dear Abbygalicus (demi-goddess of advice for idiots)but she hasnt written me back yet. Please help me get together with Nalia
Old 08-17-2001, 05:48 PM   #7
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Everybody's talking about this JAN guy. I really wonder 'bout him. He is a dual class right? And one more thing about dual class, Nalia is 4th level thief and 9th level mage as I remember, this means she does not have any level limitations right? I mean she advances level like a normal mage?

My band (oops I mean party!) me (grandmaster 2hw fighter) minsc jaheira aerie yoshimatsu. Anomen and Nalia wants to join me but I can take only one of them. I cant decide. I think I must pick Nalia because she's got a quest.

I want to keep Yoshi til I find a good thief. And I like Minsc he's funny and tough want to keep him forever. Jaheire I dont like her, the nature lover beastlover woman! And she's multi classed. bad bad bad! I love Aerie but our paths with her is full of question marks because she dies easily she got only 30 hp and I get sad when she died. Shes multi classed she wont be a good mage as NALIA and a good cleric as ANOMEN so I think I have to leave her.. any advice? I'm thoughtful I'm thinking about this problem all day. My girlfriend asks me are you ok?
Old 08-17-2001, 06:17 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Jaheira isn't that bad. I kind of liked her. When she levels up a bit, you get some great spells. Every big fight I got into, she was chillin in the back casting elementals, summoning woodland beings, casting insect plague on the mages... She really is pretty useful eventually. If nothing else, it's worth it for the elementals. When you cast them as a mage you have to wait to gain control over them and it's not a sure thing, with her they react instantly and there is no chance of not dominating them.

Aerie sucks. I hope she dies.

Nalia sucks. I don't want her to die, but she is as useless as a bucket of hair.

Keldorn rocks. Great tank when equiped with a righteously vengeful sword.

Minsc rocks. Once again a great tank and casts some useful healing spells eventually.

Viconia is cool. A little sassy, but good solid cleric. Just can't have her with keldorn unless you want fights.

Anomen blows. Nuf said.

Valygar is great. Comes equipped with some pimp armor and weapons. Great quest with him too.

Yoshimo is pretty good to keep for awhile...

Jan is good too. Great theif/spellcaster

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB

[This message has been edited by MILAMBER (edited 08-17-2001).]
Old 08-17-2001, 06:51 PM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

After reading all those messages I understood that there isnt anybody who had romance with Nalia. She's some kind of hard woman I thinkj
Old 08-17-2001, 09:03 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
After reading all those messages I understood that there isnt anybody who had romance with Nalia. She's some kind of hard woman I thinkj
Male characters can only have romances with Aerie, Jaheira, and Viconia. Female characters can only have romances with Anomen.

------------------

Death is only the beginning...