Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-15-2001, 08:06 PM   #1
Cleric 2
Manshoon

Wher is the second machine piece?

When i helaed the demon, I get a pact whit the avatr, get the cute piec of the rod, went to the ghoul city our something, killed the stupid mummies, some annoying zombie went to his master to warn him, the I go in a very disqusting place whit blind priest and beholders, i go upstair, at the other side of the secret door...and the I have saved, zo, what I have to do now?
Old 08-15-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
Desuma_Malevois

Well, you don't go upstairs. The second piece is in the beholder lair (the very disgusting place) in the southeast corner.

Old 08-15-2001, 08:17 PM   #3
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

Try speaking to the old man near the crypt, the one you would have passed on the way down. He will direct you back towards the cult headquarters and then it should become clear.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:19 PM   #4
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

SPOILER

*sigh* Go back to the 'disgusting place' (beholder lair) with your half of the rod, if you double check each of the side areas most have a weird looking nub in the center that usually contains treasure. The side area near the bottom right contains the second part of the rod... as soon as you pick it up it will fuse with the first part and the unseeing eye ( a powerfull beholder) will appear. Put the rod in your quickslot and shoot away to get him down to near death then just finish off with a single blow.

After you have killed the beholder return the rod to the temple and then go and kill the Priest (G something I'm too tired to remember), go back tot he temple of helm report your sucess and pat yourself on the back...

NB: Why can't ppl work this stuff out on thir own... maybe we need to setup a FAQ to deal with the multitude of Kangaxx/Dragon/Mindflayer esque questions.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:35 AM   #5
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

I whacked Unseening Eye without the use fo the Rift Device. However the rift device can not be taken out of that dungeon, so I used it to kill the Shade Lich. I don't think any other monster in there is tough enough to deserve the use of the rift device, so just return it.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:33 AM   #6
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Tsk ace, thats really unfair, you didn't have to read this thread, and people come to the forum to ask these questions, not to be frowned upon, its not just here as a discussion peice. Also I don't think you need to kill the priest just talk to him after you have the rift device back, the avatar will appear and all will be well...
Old 08-17-2001, 07:28 PM   #7
oldbittercraig
Elminster

I never thought of using the rift device against the lich.

First time I completed the quest and got the rift device I didn't discharge it at all (I had been drinking & gaming)... the avatar was just a little preturbed with me....