Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2002, 12:59 PM   #1
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

The new Starcraft 2 is now in the works and does it ever look GREAT.

If your a fan of Real Time Strategy games you will love this. Here is an Easter Egg for you. It looks great though. http://www.icrontic.com/index.php?pa...&articleId=224

This apperantly was made with the Warcraft 3 engine so some of you might know about how that game looks.

The Good news is that Starcraft 2 is finally in the works.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:02 PM   #2
Deathbringer

sweeeeeeeeeet!!!! I was starting to wonder if there will ever be a SC2. Thanks for posting this thread!

Old 07-20-2002, 01:08 PM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

It could be just a very nasty tease from Blizzard but my guess is they dont go to all the trouble of making something like this unless they intend to follow up with a serious product. Just guessing here but (maybe dreaming) I think we will see it around Christmas. Seems only logical to me. Besides. They KNOW its gonna sell 10 million copies.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:09 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yepyep [img]smile.gif[/img] My friend told me after he beat it on hard... hehe the normal was fun too... they were playing football, Arthas... err... am I spoiling thee fun too much?
Old 07-20-2002, 01:12 PM   #5
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
It could be just a very nasty tease from Blizzard but my guess is they dont go to all the trouble of making something like this unless they intend to follow up with a serious product. Just guessing here but (maybe dreaming) I think we will see it around Christmas. Seems only logical to me. Besides. They KNOW its gonna sell 10 million copies.
hehe, a VERY nasty tease. lol

Christmas? Right then! I'm ordering my copy now! I don't care if stores say "Wha?!" at me. I'll make sure they write down my order now. lol

Old 07-20-2002, 01:26 PM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Im just being overly optimistic here. I HOPE and guess that they will have it out by Christmas. It could be NEXT Christmas. But those pics are enough to make any Starcraft fan drool. I know I sure did.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:27 PM   #7
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Ok my view on thi....since I have failed to make that stubborn bastard Earthdog listen to reason.
I can't comment since I have not played Warcraft III myself, but viewing comments from other people who have played the game....and seeing the "firebats" as orks in big green armour, I believe as someone from blizzard has said that it is just a bit of tweaking they have done to make a few new units.
For a game with the selling potential of Starcraft2 I highly doubt they would use the same system and just change the graphics setting to sci-fi instead of fantasy.
Call me a pessimist but I dont expect to see the SC2 out for another year at the least. And thats the bottom line, cos Pimp Daddy said so!
Old 07-20-2002, 01:30 PM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

So that means it will be out in about two years...?

If we know Blizzard right.
Old 07-20-2002, 01:32 PM   #9
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

KICK @$$!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE RTS FINNALY HAS A SEQUAL!!!!!!

God! I've been waiting for this damn game ever since I beat Brood War. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I want it now!!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

That is, IF it will really come out.....

It sure as hell better.....
Old 07-20-2002, 01:38 PM   #10
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

BUT its been done before Azzy LOTS of times. Escape from Castle Wolfenstien??? Spawned a whole new genre of game. The first person shooter thing has been run into the ground. Even Star Trek used another games enigine for a FPS. They also used a BG2 type engine for an RPG.

Using another games engine has been done lots of times.. so anything is possible, especially when both games are made by one company. And as stated in your post... the selling power this game would have. Use another games engine and make an easy zillion $$$$ by changing the animations and plot a bit...

Its been done before..... AND I WOULD BUY IT HAHAHAHAHAHA YES I WOULD!!!!

ee he oh ho aha!!!!! Ill be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coatsand theyre comeing to take me away ee he oh ho aha!!!!

[ 07-20-2002, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Earthdog ]