Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-29-2002, 01:48 PM   #31
TAOWolf
White Dragon

Until a suitable nuetral can be found, there is no simple solution to this. I went to Israel two years ago on a military TDY, and was there for a month.
I was especially shocked to see 12 and 13 yr olds showing off battle scars (gunshot wounds, etc.)and carrying rifles with live ammo in the Malls and on the streets. We took a wrong turn trying to take a shortcut to Jerusalem, and almost ending up in Habron. Needless to say, the ride on the border of Jordan and Israel is not a friendly one, especially when carrying a red passport. One thing I did bring home with me from this visit, was how marked the racial borders are in Israel even between the Jewish and Arabs......

May the moon always shine upon your face, and your imagination soar to the heavens.... Chan ann leis a’chiad bhuille thuiteas a’chraobh.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:58 PM   #32
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Don't think too much of it, i was only wondering if you have a thing against Israel, maybe if you are pro Palestine ? I'm not accusing you of anything here, it just sounded to me that you have sympathies for the Palestinians. And if you do, still no harm done, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I was just curious, that's all.[/QB]
Aw…
I know that Zionism is racism,
and that the fundamental founding principles (and the indeed the very nation itself) of Israel is flawed,
And it would have prevented so many of the world’s problems if it had never been founded, or if it had been crushed in its infancy.
But unfortunately it does exist, and to attempt to dissolve it now would require overwhelming force, given the current power of the jewish vote in America.
So the best that can be hoped (probably) for is a peace agreement that gives Palestine as much of its rightful land as possible,
But unfortunately the Israelis are dead set against that since If they were to return what is rightfully the Palestinian peoples, they would be admitting to all, that they are the criminals they are.
The dissolution of Israel in a relatively peaceful fashion and the restoring of Palestine will probably not be possible until the Jewish vote loses it’s power (if it ever does) and America abandons Israel to its fate,
Of course the real problem is, that Israel has nuclear weapons, and nukes in the hands of such a terrorist nation are most dangerous.

Old 06-29-2002, 02:20 PM   #33
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
Don't think too much of it, i was only wondering if you have a thing against Israel, maybe if you are pro Palestine ? I'm not accusing you of anything here, it just sounded to me that you have sympathies for the Palestinians. And if you do, still no harm done, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I was just curious, that's all.
Aw…
I know that Zionism is racism,
and that the fundamental founding principles (and the indeed the very nation itself) of Israel is flawed,
And it would have prevented so many of the world’s problems if it had never been founded, or if it had been crushed in its infancy.
But unfortunately it does exist, and to attempt to dissolve it now would require overwhelming force, given the current power of the jewish vote in America.
So the best that can be hoped (probably) for is a peace agreement that gives Palestine as much of its rightful land as possible,
But unfortunately the Israelis are dead set against that since If they were to return what is rightfully the Palestinian peoples, they would be admitting to all, that they are the criminals they are.
The dissolution of Israel in a relatively peaceful fashion and the restoring of Palestine will probably not be possible until the Jewish vote loses it’s power (if it ever does) and America abandons Israel to its fate,
Of course the real problem is, that Israel has nuclear weapons, and nukes in the hands of such a terrorist nation are most dangerous.[/QB][/QUOTE]What you say makes perfectly sense to me, however i think this problem is here to stay for at least a couple of hundred years more. As long as Israel exists the Arabs won't calm down. Somehow i have a feeling if there's ever gonna be a WW 3, it's gonna start right there.
Old 06-29-2002, 02:26 PM   #34
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
What you say makes perfectly sense to me, however i think this problem is here to stay for at least a couple of hundred years more. As long as Israel exists the Arabs won't calm down. Somehow i have a feeling if there's ever gonna be a WW 3, it's gonna start right there.[/QB]
I try not to think about it too much, there’s not much I can do.
Try making model tanks instead. ;o)

Old 06-29-2002, 02:33 PM   #35
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
quote:
What you say makes perfectly sense to me, however i think this problem is here to stay for at least a couple of hundred years more. As long as Israel exists the Arabs won't calm down. Somehow i have a feeling if there's ever gonna be a WW 3, it's gonna start right there.
I try not to think about it too much, there’s not much I can do.
Try making model tanks instead. ;o)[/QB][/QUOTE]Nope, model battleships, it's more fun !
Old 06-29-2002, 04:07 PM   #36
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

israel would have been better off in the long run if they had forced all palestinians out of the west bank and into jordan and syria.it's bad enough that they were surrounded by enemies outside their boarders,but now they have them inside.enemies that revel in killing children.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:27 PM   #37
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
[QB]israel would have been better off in the long run if they had forced all palestinians out of the west bank and into jordan and syria.
That would be called ethnic cleansing,
The Israeli’s have already done a lot of that, but it just makes it worse, If they were to try and do that sort off thing now, they’d probably be open war between Israel and the rest of the gulf states