Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 04:11 AM   #11
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Choc is such a cool cat [img]smile.gif[/img] I wish I had a cat like him.

For once, Neb, I agree with you. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2002, 04:23 AM   #12
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

[img]smile.gif[/img] , yeah, Choc is a WILD cat.. I mean GEEZ.. He gets SO rilled up, he'll bump his head into the Chair sometimes.. (It's padded) [img]smile.gif[/img] .. I was shocked though, when I got him, I didn't expect a blind cat to be this frisky.. And if I play with him, and then leave him to play alone, he comes in my PC room and meows.. DEEP meows.. looking up at me like 'I'm not DONE with you yet, human toy' hehe..

I don't know if he played before I got him--We got him when he was 5. he'll be 9 this year. but I MAY have gotten him into playing.. I just feel that it must be boring not to see, so to kinda make his life happy, I play a lot with him. He does love it.. -- and Hunts too.. but bugs.. lol, I'll find him in a corner, and he has a beetle or bug on it's back.. hehe.. RARE though, we don't get bugs much.

That's so cool that you play with him so much. I bet it does make him happy, obviously or he wouldn't keep coming back for more [img]smile.gif[/img] . Sometimes I feel guilty that Tuppence and I don't play that much, but honestly she just isn't really into playing. Biting, though, she likes that . My arms aren't quite so enthusiastic, they have scratches all over them, lol. She'll be sleeping, looking all sweet and I'll come over and pat her and she'll get this evil look in her eyes, grab my arm in her paws, claws out, and bite me. I tell myself it's love...

Oh bugs, Tuppence catches all the bugs she can. The other day she got this really huge moth, which was great because usually the small ones lie down and don't get up again however much she prods at them with her paw, but this big moth was flapping around for ages! She had a ball .
Old 02-08-2002, 04:33 AM   #13
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:

BTW- im interested in what type of cat everyone has... so can people post their cats breeds here ?? I think it would be quite interesting...

Tuppence is a Russian Blue. She is very typical for the breed, very timid of strangers and she likes to explore things at her own pace. Here she is [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2002, 04:52 AM   #14
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Tuppence is a Russian Blue. She is very typical for the breed, very timid of strangers and she likes to explore things at her own pace. Here she is [img]smile.gif[/img]

She looks very proud of herself. Your lucky to have such a cute owner, Aelia!!
Old 02-08-2002, 07:16 AM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Dan, that's sooooo amazing about Choc! *sigh* Makes me miss my Siamese...when I moved to Tennessee, I couldn't take him with me and my parents had adopted a couple of new pups who were bigger than Sam and they were playing a bit too rough with him, so they let my Aunt (who'd wanted him since he was born) keep him..He's still with her and just turned 18!!!! years old on February 4th. He's slowed down quite a bit, but still in good health and with all of his teeth.

Lennon: My current kitties are Sugar (mostly black, bit of white of the belly and white whiskers) and Maerlynn (read as Merlin) who is a Black and White Tuxedo. He's psycho and races through the house like a madman. Sugar is more laid back. But they both play (when they aren't trying to kill each other ). I also have an outside cat who has decided I suffice to provide him sustenance and affection. He's an unusual combination of orange tabby and Siamese. He looks like a lilac point Siamese except that his points are orange tabby. And he's got the most BEAUTIFUL blue eyes!!!

Let us know, Dan, when/if you get that video of Choc. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd love to see some of his amazing antics. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:20 AM   #16
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Pets are so fun! I wish my allergies hadn't gotten so bad that I can't have any. Some years back I used to take in strays I found. Two really good animals come to mind because they kind of ended sadly. Lady was a pregnant German Sheperd, and a male cat that looked just like Choc. Well, we managed to find homes for all of Ladies puppies It was a litter of 12! Two died shortly after birth. One because of birth trauma and the other was accidentally smothered by the exhausted mom while trying to suckle. She was a great and loyal dog. Well behaved, kind and loving. A good protector for the wife too. The cat was just a cutie who liked to curl up on laps. Unfortunately, they both had the wander lust that strays tend to have. The dog jumped the fence and the cat punched through a window screen. Both managed to find their way to the main road and get hit by cars.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:42 AM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

That looks kind of like our own cat Flosje (I don't know who thopught up the name but it wasn't me ). She's a grey cat too, and though she's not of a pure breed she does come closest to being a Blue Russian herself [img]smile.gif[/img]

All she does is make strange sounds almost all the time, probably because she dares not go out and hasn't seen or heard another cat in years and because she constantly wants attention and someone to point out where her food is, even though she knows, and someone to open the doors, even though she can do that herself, and get cat treats.
Oh, and she always stands on her hind legs when it's dinner time for us, leaning the front legs against the table and looking at you like she's starving and really really needs the food you're eating, only to put her nose into it and leave it lying on the ground [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's like she's telling us to be her loyal and obedient servants or get a headache
Old 02-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #18
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

That cat deserves some high-ass quality milk im sendin some gold top man..yeah my cats used to be efficient assassins like two/3 rabbits or birds a day
Old 02-08-2002, 12:52 PM   #19
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

and he'll conquer the household! :3
Old 02-08-2002, 01:00 PM   #20
MagiK

And here I thought cats just made handy moving targets...

Ok ok so I dont really use cats as targets, I used to like them untill they made me allergic to them when I was 15 [img]smile.gif[/img]