Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2001, 05:42 PM   #11
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:

I agree that education is key.
And not just informing the young of the need to be bio-friendly. I think that your right about most parents being to busy to care about whats taught and this is something that needs to change. What a huge topic, there is a need for smarter more 'caring' teachers (easier said than done, i know). There is a need
for resources in schools. Children are the biggest, most rewarding, of all the worlds resources...and for that resource to pay off education is the prime factor, at every level, from grade school to university. And imo education should be free all the way through university...(but hard, virtually impossible, i know).

LOL, and I totally disagree that you oldies have 'messed up big time'. All part of the process imo...and if mess up would be correct, it would probably be something that stretches back quite a few thousand years...
Yes, it does go back a long time. The diffuculty now, of course, is that the environment doesn't have time to recover any more. We have got awy with neglect and misuse of earth's provisions up to now - but time is rapidly running out. If we don't change the way we do things pretty soon, we will be FORCED by the environment itself to to take drastic action to save ourselves from real disaster, imo.
We HAVE to lay it on the line to our governments, and our young people are the best weapons because THEY are inheriting the earth, and will either benefit or suffer for what we do now.

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 10-28-2001, 06:03 PM   #12
Sorcerer Alex

*Carefully takes his violin out of its case and sets it down onto his shoulder, and, with a flourish, begins to play a sad, dramatic tune, reflective of the sadness of the whole situation* There, Fljotsdale, at least you can't say I don't care about you!

------------------
Ciao!

Old 10-28-2001, 06:05 PM   #13
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
*sigh* Nobody loves me. Hardly anyone had replied! *sob*

What d'ya mean! You are the ONLY Queen that I love and worship!

------------------
Still The Most Humbly Prideful (?) Member Of The Illuminati!

Mark
Old 10-28-2001, 06:34 PM   #14
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Fljotsdale, you can't leave! I just learned how to spell your name...lol

You post is very interesting, and I think you're absolutely right, the future is our youth.

------------------

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 07:28 PM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

You guys are so sweet!

Thanks for the tune, Alex!

Hugs, Skywalker! (I'd claim you as my Prince Charming only I know your heart belongs to Silver Cheeteh, lol!)

Ronn-Bman - do you realise that is TWICE we have agreed?!

------------------

Here be Dragons!
Proud to be Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

"If I say something to you and it can be taken two ways, and one of those ways upsets you...I meant the other one."
Old 10-29-2001, 09:10 AM   #16
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Uh, hello Fljotsdale. I have to copy and paste your name because I don't know how to spell it. I also don't know how to pronounce it and I confess that your posts sometimes confuse me. This thread definitely made my eyes glaze over and my sloping forehead did furrow.

I have a question for you. Do you know anyone with the last name of "Daglish"? My grandmother was from Birmingham, England.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-29-2001, 12:50 PM   #17
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*Steps in and looks confused* Um.. is this the line for drinks?

Hi F! Just had to come by and see what was up!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-30-2001, 08:55 AM   #18
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Uh, hello Fljotsdale. I have to copy and paste your name because I don't know how to spell it. I also don't know how to pronounce it and I confess that your posts sometimes confuse me. This thread definitely made my eyes glaze over and my sloping forehead did furrow.

I have a question for you. Do you know anyone with the last name of "Daglish"? My grandmother was from Birmingham, England.

Thats a good question!! Don't worry, you're not being ignored. again

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
Old 10-30-2001, 09:17 AM   #19
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Er....
You do realise that Birmingham is a HUGE city, right? People don't just run into each other at the village church fete....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-30-2001, 09:23 AM   #20
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Er....
You do realise that Birmingham is a HUGE city, right? People don't just run into each other at the village church fete....

Thank you for that dose of reality. I don't have a clue what a fete is. Is that plural for foot? I was just curious though. I'll go away properly chastised now.

------------------
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB