Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 05:56 AM   #261
dplax
Jack Burton

Plaxica

The words of the woman are strange to Plaxica's ears. There is no need for avian-enhanced senses to know that she is not a master of the language. The sunlight illuminating her and her close vicinity, natural sunlight, in the midst of the raging storm more than puzzles Plaxica. He had expected his call to be answered by the Windbringer, but this woman, still but a young, almost teenage girl from her looks, was obviously not the being known on these forums as the Windbringer. Her laughter momentarily lifts Plaxica's spirits as does her offer of food. "We are greatful for your generous offer," he says and curiously approaches the food. It is simple, but nourishing. Daniel digs in curiously, while Ramella only takes from each item for the taste. Plaxica takes only a few mouthfuls, his mind too occupied for hunger to be felt.

He sees caution and curiosity in the eyes of the young woman. She is right to be cautious of course. Chance encounters do not occur at this altitude and in these conditions. He studies the young woman, wondering who she is and even what she is. However much the wind blows, however the clouds above swirl, never does she leave the patch of sunlight...or is it the patch of sunlight that never leaves her?

It was time to satisfy her curiosity. She had called him here with her singing and Plaxica had questions of his own of course, but he felt that he had to open up first. "I seek the one, whom they call the Windbringer. I know it might seem far-fetched, but I thought that I may find him or be able to contact him in a place where the winds reign." His ears pick up the sound of distant wind whistling in the cracks among rocks miles away. A small rock is blown off a ledge by the wind, its fall long and resounding among its still immobile companions. Plaxica turns his attention back to the young woman. "Can you help me find this Windbringer?" He deliberately does not say 'find him'. After thinking that this woman could have been the Windbringer he has come to realise that he does not know whether the Windbringer is male, or whether he even has a gender.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #262
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

"Well, if any of you feel up to it, go in and see if you find anything. Just shout if anything happens. I'll be following you anyway, just as soon as I'm done searching the body here." Xaver approached the body of the etting lying on the floor, and carefully examined it trying to see if the ettin was carrying anything of value.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 AM   #263
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sever 19/31

"This little alcove certainly doesn't appear to be the work of our bi-cranial friend here. The labours of a former resident perhaps?" A mischievous grin formed across the thief's face. "Mayhe they left a trinket or two?" the smile faded. "Or maybe a trap.."

Sever was still hurting in more places he could put names to and the pain of his wounds dampered his spirits for risk taking behaviour somewhat. Still, he doubted any creature large enough to cause significant squashing injury could have made its way in there. If it even made its way past the ettin..

"By the look of it, whatever tried to make its home here may just have been sophisticated enough to use traps to protect it. Mask knows what other manner of beasty may wander in to this cave. If you'll hand me that torch Pandaros, i suggest i go first to make sure we don't stumble into any lethal devices. Keep your bow trained on the torch as i go. If anything hostile jumps out, don't hesitate to shoot. I won't be getting in your way.."
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #264
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion

Pandaros

The scout passed his torch to Sever and readied his bow, placing an arrow to the string but not drawing it back. He allowed Sever to take a few paces forward before following behind.

"Just be aware that I'm watching you as well as the light, so don't try and pocket anything without telling me first. As I understand it, members of your profession don't lead the way just to find traps, but also to be the first to the treasure."

The scout shifted his weight and squinted towards the light.

"Not that I'd shoot you in the back. But a plunk in the leg wouldn't be out of the question."
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #265
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Oley

The sage nodded, watching the potent potable as the last of it disappeared. "Aye, it will heal it, The power to heal comes from the gods, not studying out the mysteries of the universe, I could theoretically alter you into a younger, healthier form, but anything that would end the enchantment would put you back into yourself, possibly far worse for wear. Priestly magic however depends on the nature of the deity that would heal you, deities of rebirth would have little pain, deities like Ilmater who suffer so that others do not have to, would make it excruciating, the evil deities... it's best not to dwell on what they would do, if they even bothered to actually provide the healing. Our resident priestess of Demeter... I couldn't really say for certain. Demeter being a nature goddess, I would expect a fair bit of pain as you grow through the scar tissue, it may even be lethal, but that is the way of most druids I have known." He looked back towards the door. "They've been suspiciously quiet for the past few minutes, was there anything else you needed before I go to deal with them?"
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #266
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Sever (and Pandaros)

The passage itself is not new, but there is much that is new about it – even eyes untrained in the finer points of stonework or the nuances of geology might readily perceive this. Someone has gone to no small effort in making smooth what had been a rough surface upon which to walk. Dirt and clay have been pressed down over the uneven stones of the cavern floor with a workmanship that is more serviceable than professional. Professional workmanship, however, is also evident in the passage to the eye cautious and discerning enough to note the trip line that extends across the narrow width of the passage approximately twelve feet in……

PM to follow, Sever.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #267
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Xaver

In the stillness of death and within the stagnant air of the cavern, the foul smell of the creature, a smell of sweat and unwashed hides and of freshly spilled blood, dominates the enclosed space. The odor is all the more offensive given the recent opportunity to breathe the fresh and moving air outside of the cave, and it is the strong constitution which can approach the creature without becoming ill. Flies have begun to swarm in numbers about the fallen humanoid and small lizards eye the corpse warily, their tongues flicking rapidly at the scent of blood that is still warm. Even in death, the size of the ettin is imposing and moving great limbs of its body will be no easy task. What clothing the creature had is mixture of animal hides and large, moldering pieces of cloth. Ettins, it is said, have a great fondness for bright and shiny things, going to great lengths to seize such things and prizing them greatly……

ZFR – PM to follow.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:27 AM   #268
dplax
Jack Burton

Vindson

"No, old friend, I had just come to voice my concerns. I'll leave you to deal with your two visitors. Should the need arise for us to move fast, we shall talk again about this method of healing." Vindson paused, as if thinking of something else to say, but then turned and left.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #269
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver observed the body of the ettin for a few seconds, trying his best to ignore the stench, then knelt down and examined the creature's "clothes". Not having a knife or a dagger, the dwarf then took out his axe and holding it by the blade started cutting the hides at the ettin's arms and torso. Finding nothing of value, Xaver continued down the body.

As he reached the waist, he noticed that there was a thin (by ettin standards) piece of hide tied around it. Attached to it was poorly sewn sack. Xaver tried feeling its contents, then putting it aside for the moment, he eyed the rest of the body before deciding that if the ettin was carrying anything of value it would be in this bag here.

The dwarf cast a glance at Pandaros to see what he was doing, then shouted. "I actually found something on the body here. Can't say what's inside, though. Keep your eyes on the thief. I'll be with you in a moment, soon as I'm done going through the contents here." With that, he carefully opened the bag and peeked inside.

If Xaver sees nothing alive/moving inside the bag, he will empty its contents on the ground.

[ 06-17-2007, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #270
dplax
Jack Burton

Andrion Wilgor

It was a relatively peaceful day. Sheltered underneath an azure blue sky, and in blazing sunshine, travelling along the well-trodden path was little more than an afternoon stroll. The clear voices of birds singing carried across the canopy of the trees and filled the air with the illusion of a merry feeling, that would soon be shattered. However, for the moment, the only glimmer of suspicion that something might disturb the piece of these forests was a faint rumble several miles ahead of the lonely traveller.

Long had these forests enjoyed a relative calm in the protective shadow of the fortress of the Order of the Holy Flame. Long had whatever lived in the boundaries of the trees been safe from harm. But not anymore. Today was going to be the day that this illusion of safety, and even safety itself was to be shattered.

Clans had risen and clans had fallen in the chaotic history of these forums, yet throughout all of the chaos and up till the end the Order of the Holy Flame stood unbeaten. Even when one after another the once greatest clans of Ironworks fell, the Order of the Holy Flame managed to evade destruction, whether it be the slow decay at the hands of time, or the rapid downfall at the hands of the Modding Mage, that some of the clans had suffered.

Nothing disturbed the beautiful weather. Not even the sounds of the rumbling footsteps coming to a halt. Not even the sounds of strong hands tearing and rending stone. Not even when towers and walls fell amid the loud rumbles of stone crashing against stone. Not even then did the weather turn bad. The bright yellow sun smiled obliviously in the face of destruction, not caring.

By the time the lonely figure, wearing a billowing grey cloak caught up with the giants of shadow, the battlements and outer defenses of the fortress of the Order of the Holy Flame had already been torn down. Terrakis may not have been any more, but the fury and strength of the Shadow Giants had not diminished with the loss of their leader. If anything, their fury had been increased. They had been told to tear the walls down and they had done so, using nothing, but their bare hands.

Stepping onto a relatively intact stone, from the shape of it, once on the top of the now non-existent battlements, the small figure of the man now reaches the giant's chests with his gaze.

He speaks, but his voice is drowned out by the sound of heavy feet slamming on rocks and ground, moving towards the inner gates of the fortress.

[ 06-18-2007, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]