Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #51
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Glenn Beck gets hoisted by his own petard?

I'm waiting for that landmark lawsuit where somebody sues someone for not being a "good neighbor". I have to wonder how far off from that.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:58 AM   #52
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Uh, did I step into a Harry Turtledove novel?
*quick check of the link below* Whew-No.

So sry to tell you, but the confederates...uh.... lost the war, eh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War
Oh, getting back to this, the original constitution was known as the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, more commonly known as the Articles of Confederation, it was ratified in 1781 and scrapped 7 years later for the current Constitution. sry to tell you but the moron...uh... lost the argument.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #53
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgeruat View Post
Oh, getting back to this, the original constitution was known as the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, more commonly known as the Articles of Confederation, it was ratified in 1781 and scrapped 7 years later for the current Constitution. sry to tell you but the moron...uh... lost the argument.
Not sure why there's even an argument on semantics, nor why the both of you feel a need to resort to cheap shots to one another. Unnecessary, in my opinion.

But I have a feeling there's some misunderstanding on what a confederation (as a type of government) really is. The current United States isn't one, in any case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #54
Chewbacca
Zartan

Heart Re: Glenn Beck gets hoisted by his own petard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Schlumpf View Post
Not sure why there's even an argument on semantics, nor why the both of you feel a need to resort to cheap shots to one another. Unnecessary, in my opinion.

But I have a feeling there's some misunderstanding on what a confederation (as a type of government) really is. The current United States isn't one, in any case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation
My tongue was firmly in my cheek with the civil war post. I dunno why that poster persists with insult and insinuation after another, but I don't notice it now unless somebody quotes one of the posts. No worry!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #55
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

He's on the front page of Yahoo News again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1022

Something about promoting gold and telling people when the US collapses, they will have gold, so invest in gold.

This is one quote which I like from the report.
Quote:
When the system eventually collapses, and the government comes with guns and confiscates, you know, everything in your home and all your possessions, and then you fight off the raving mad cannibalistic crowds that Ted Turner talked about, don't come crying to me. I told you: get gold.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #56
Chewbacca
Zartan

Get the man a chicken suit, size little. ( and a hankerchief-we still care)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #57
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

nothing like a good Glenn Beck Quote

"And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want America to wake up."
In response on Fox News on President Obama overturning the ban on federally funded stem cell research on March 9, 2009
Blind_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
He's on the front page of Yahoo News again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1022

Something about promoting gold and telling people when the US collapses, they will have gold, so invest in gold.

This is one quote which I like from the report.
He's been promoting gold since they became a sponsor, and buying/investing in it since long before then. He's also never been shy about saying he buys gold. Not sure why it's even a concern... I'd be more concerned with the treasury seizing the gold again. And while, as an investor, Glenn's definitely profiting, the falling US dollar, and Russia and China diversifying their holdings, and proposing a new world currency bodes ill. Just like Tim Geitner getting laughed off stage a few months ago when he told a gathering of Chinese college students that the US was going to use their $ wisely and with restraint. Without checking my links... I believe it was illegal to own gold in the US from 1933 to 76 or 77 aside from small amounts for jewelry or if you had a special license, owning gold coins or nuggets, totally against the law, and had to be sold (turned over) to the government.

It makes a certain kind of sense to invest in something independent of currency, and with the massive problems of people stealing of precious metals over the last few years because of their value, well, you'd be a fool not to invest in it, but I'd rather have a year supply of food and be out of debt with at least enough $ saved to deal with bills for a couple months in the event of a catastrophe. Because all it would take is the Treasury Secretary once again issuing an edict, and all your gold would become property of the Federal Government again.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #59
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Prophet View Post
nothing like a good Glenn Beck Quote

"And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want America to wake up."
In response on Fox News on President Obama overturning the ban on federally funded stem cell research on March 9, 2009
Are you saying it's incorrect? Because, no it's not. The Progressive movement, their ideas and actions which included forced sterilization of the mentally handicapped and poor, and the creation of Planned Parenthood were all part of the Eugenics movement which inspired Adolf. Connecting it to stem cell research may be wonky, but when Barack's SCIENCE CZAR has proposed putting sterilants in drinking water, well, you make the call.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #60
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgeruat View Post
He's been promoting gold since they became a sponsor, and buying/investing in it since long before then. He's also never been shy about saying he buys gold. Not sure why it's even a concern... I'd be more concerned with the treasury seizing the gold again. And while, as an investor, Glenn's definitely profiting, the falling US dollar, and Russia and China diversifying their holdings, and proposing a new world currency bodes ill. Just like Tim Geitner getting laughed off stage a few months ago when he told a gathering of Chinese college students that the US was going to use their $ wisely and with restraint. Without checking my links... I believe it was illegal to own gold in the US from 1933 to 76 or 77 aside from small amounts for jewelry or if you had a special license, owning gold coins or nuggets, totally against the law, and had to be sold (turned over) to the government.
To elaborate on this a bit, I recently read an article discussing China's problem. Their economy is too big. They consistently devalue their workforce, but because of their rapid industrialization they're a manufacturing giant and almost inescapable for any product you'd want to buy, outside of fresh locally grown produce and the meat industry. Because their economy is so large, they have to do something with that wealth, and the only place large enough to invest in currently is the US, which ties them to us, but allows them to cripple the US if they ever collect on their debts. They can't return that money to the workers in the form of higher wages, because that would cause unbelievable inflation (just like raising the minimum wage does in the US: http://www.workerfreedom.org/tenness...ng-traps-a2935 is just one of many articles that discusses it) So they've got to dump it somewhere. And while they've certainly been investing in building and upgrading infrastructure, there's only so much $ you can actually spend on that. Which makes their talk of diversifying their holdings and a new international currency standard that much more problematic, it indicates that they're looking to get out of the American Economy before the bubble pops and the sinkhole opens up.