Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-06-2001, 06:33 AM   #1
Amaunator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anybody care to share on what strategies you concocted to kill the oh-so-powerful demilich? I'm all ears!

------------------
Coz I'm...... ThA Bu$hMa$taH! BwAhAhAhA!
Old 06-06-2001, 06:42 AM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Slight spoiler
'
\
[
;
/
]
p
=
-
i took him on after i got back from the Underdark, so i had some powerful stuff. I had my fighter/mage cast Spell Immunity: Abjuration on himself, then take the Soul Reaver +4 into melee. Then i had a character use the +5 darts from the Cloak of the Stars from a distance, and had another mage use Melf's Minute Meteors on him. this is the only strategy i use, and it doesnt involve any cheese at all (like protection from undead/magic scrolls, i consider those to be cheese tactics)
Old 06-06-2001, 06:47 AM   #3
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I found protection against magic cast on 1 person who will attack in melee (using a +4 or better weapon, of course) with everyone cowering in the corner. Use potion of strength, chant, haste and everything else you can think of.
The sling of everard would probably be a good option for one of the others...

Oh and the other thing was _lots_ of luck and if that fails cheating... er, I mean using that powerful spell "Shadowkeeper" to equip a few more scrolls of magic protection and powerful magic weapons (dual weild crom-faers, anyone)
Old 06-06-2001, 07:52 AM   #4
Amaunator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i made korgan go berserker on that lich... thus making him imune to imprisonment... the i just fired away with the sling of everrard

------------------
Coz I'm...... ThA Bu$hMa$taH! BwAhAhAhA!
Old 06-06-2001, 09:06 AM   #5
Graccus
Dungeon Master

It seemed a little cheap, but I just set 14 traps for him right outside his coffin with Yoshimo, Cast Prot from Magic on Keldorn and Jaheira and beat him down for the rest of the damage with Carsomyr and the Staff of Rhynn. He never even got to cast Time Stop! He then turned into the Demi Lich, and Jaheira and Keldorn beat him down again while the rest of the party cowered in the corner.
Old 06-06-2001, 09:08 AM   #6
Graccus
Dungeon Master

BTW, I beat him with a 12th level party(I'm still in chapter 2), which I was pretty happy about.