Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2002, 01:05 PM   #1
(^_^)

hi

I followed somebody's advice of not pumping points into divinity for my bishop and letting it go up on it's own thru practice.
but so far it hasn't worked, I'm level 9 now but my divinity is still stuck on 12 (starting from 10). But my divine magics skill have been raising steadily it's already at 40 (starting from 0!) from casting healing and enchanted blade all the time.

but for some reason divinity never rises. am I doing something wrong?
cuz I can't even read level 2 divinity books yet [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

This is one of those tricky parts of the game that can trip you up if you're not careful. Note that several disciplines have overlapping spells and spell-types.

Enchanted Blade, while in the Divine school, is a Wizardry spell. The more you cast EB, the faster your wizardry discipline will rise.

Healing is available to all spellcasters except wizards. In this case, when you cast healing, the highest discipline is the one that will increase. So if, say, your Alchemy is higher than Divinity, Alchemy is the one that will go up over time.

So to increase Divinity, you should (a) start putting some points into it, and (b) cast more spells that are priest-only in the divine area. Since you have only level 1 spells, I suggest you cast Bless and Make Wounds at every opportunity. These are the only spells at first level no other magic class has.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote