Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2003, 12:38 PM   #141
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*Comes in. Grabs broom from closet and starts to sweep* Hello everyone! I am here at school once again. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Twas first one done in typing class. *scoffs* People think I copied and pasted. Silly gooses. [img]tongue.gif[/img] SO how is everyone today?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-27-2003, 12:56 PM   #142
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Hallo again all (yes I know Hello is mis-spelled, that's on purpose [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Came in here to see what's up and because I like this cafe. People are very respectful in here, although that may be because of the large amount of weaponry that the patrons seem to carry.
Lately I've noticed an unhappy trend starting to pop up with people not being respectful of others opinions. Not overwelming, but it's starting to pop up. Not just in IW but in RL too. Maybe people are just stressed because of the events going on all over or maybe it's just because we're drinking too much of Wellard's coffee and not getting enough sleep [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] hehe.

Anyway, came in here because you're all so nice. Want some chocolate?
Old 03-27-2003, 01:49 PM   #143
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Wellard, I have a rapier that needs some serious sharpening work. I'll bring it in tomorrow.

Good day all. Attalus, hope you didn't get Sazerac too "engulfed in the mists of Scotland" last night. Engulfed in the mists of Scotland -- reminds me of Ravenloft.
Oh, did you hear us singing the "Barbarian Birthday Dirge" last night? Never mind, a good night's sleep dispels all mists. How is everybody this beautiful afternoon? Wellard, you can sharpen my paladin's bastard sword, chosen because he can be a bastard.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 PM   #144
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Harley, I'd love some chocolate. However, I am currently over-indulging on some pecan pie. I went to the firm cafeteria today, and while the food generally sucked, the dessert I picked up is great. Not like mom's or nothing, but certainly close enough to liquid sugar to bring on a certain siesta mood, if you know what I mean.

Attalus, you must teach me the dirge someday.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 PM   #145
Kaltia
Jack Burton

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I have WAY too much coursework!
Three 1,000 word english essays, Biology and Physics coursework, I.T (two WHOLE projects. This will probably result in about thirty pages. Each.)
I am going to see if I can get tomorrow off school for all this coursework.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 03-27-2003, 02:42 PM   #146
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

Attalus, you must teach me the dirge someday.
OK, here's the first third of it:

The Barbarian Birthday Dirge

[b][i]Happy Birthday. [Hunh!] Happy Birthday. [Hunh!]
Doom, destruction and despair,
Grief and sorrow fill the air,
Happy Birthday. [Hunh!] Happy Birthday. [Hunh!]

Birthdays come but once a year,
Marking time as Death draws near,

May the cities in your wake
Burn like candles on your cake,

May your deeds with sword and axe
Equal those with sheep and yaks,

You must marry very soon,
Baby's due the next full moon,

Your servants steal, your wife's untrue,
Your children plot to murder you,
Old 03-27-2003, 03:23 PM   #147
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Cloudy, we're still waiting to hear your story!!! Also, check your PM's, I just sent you one
Almost the weekend, lets count the minutes together [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 03:30 PM   #148
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Gee Cloudy we are going to have to bring in a "check all weapons at the door policy" [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] What with Attalus, Lord Kathen, Sazerac and someguys ninja penguins you would not want to be caught cheating at poker in the cafe

Hey Lil Lil, I think I need some of your meditation tips. The neighbour from hell ties his dog up to the fence a total of 2metres from my bed. And every howl or bark raises my blood pressure somewhat.

[img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Good morning to the rest of Ironworks [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
I am here to enforce Cloudster's will. My gibbies are at home with Lady Aberdene, and I, well, am to tired to couse any real harm anyway. I still would'nt cheat if I were you, though.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #149
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Harley, I'd love to count the minutes with ya. Attalus, you have too much time on your hands. By the way, what's this:
Quote:
May your deeds with sword and axe
Equal those with sheep and yaks,
What, pray tell, are those deeds with sheep and yaks. Now, I've heard of doing the deed with sheep, but I thought that kinda behavior just didn't fly down in Texas, even for a barbarian.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:37 PM   #150
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Simple, TL, we just don't let barbarians around farmyard animals [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.