Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-22-2001, 04:49 AM   #1
Ode to a Grasshopper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's my dilemma: I'm trying to incorporate the various NPC relationships into how I play the game, ie. Minsc adopting Aerie as his witch, Mazzy taking Valygar as her squire, Keldorn's retirement, etc. whilst still getting a good, well-rounded party (single player). So far I've got

Ode to a Grasshopper- Elven Sorcerer Lvl 19
Viconia- Cleric/romantic interest (Gotta love Shadowkeeper)
Imoen- Backup Mage
Jan- Thief

This set-up leaves me a little bit weak in Cleric/Druid abilities, and with virtually no fighters. I was also hoping for a variety of attack styles, dual-wield, sword + shield, and so on.
I don't mind a bit of proficiency-editing with Shadowkeeper.
All advice welcome.
Old 07-22-2001, 05:48 AM   #2
Luther
Manshoon

When an NPC makes a 'developement' in their character (eg: Keldorn retiring from the Radiant Heart) it doesnt mean you really have to drop them. Keldorn will still gladly travel with you after he patches things up with the Missus. You'll be missing alot of really good and powerful party members if you let them go because of their character developements.
Old 07-22-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Floraowe
The Magister

Jaheira might fit in very well here, being a fighter/druid. She's a good sword & shield type, try her with a club. There will be some conflict with her & Viconia, but use Shadowkepper to change JAHEIRAROMANCE to 3 and that'll solve that problem.

You could also try Valygar. I've always found him very useful to have around, with the right equipment he can be really great. Since he also has very good stealth, he makes a great scout. He's also your best option for dual-wielding, being a Ranger.

They do both have relatively low strength, but there are plenty of strength-enchancing girdles etc in the game, especially if you don't bother with Crom Fayhr (sp?).
Old 07-22-2001, 11:12 PM   #4
Ode to a Grasshopper
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help. Maybe if I switched Jaheira's Sword and Shield proficiencies into Dual-Wield, and change Anomen to a Paladin after his Test?
Are there any decent scimitars floating around in SoA other than Belm?

I played through before to build up levels and to learn what mistakes to avoid repeating, but couldn't find the Hammer of Thunderbolts to assemble Crom Faeyr.
This is the party I'll be taking into ToB.