Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 12:54 AM   #51
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:

I think the point that Thief was trying to make is that just because one religion say you will burn for killing people doesnt mean another one does. So if religion 'A' says you burn in hell for killing and religion 'B' says you dont , then which one is the correct answer??
That both are wrong because all organized religions are flawed
Old 06-21-2002, 12:55 AM   #52
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well yorick nicely said, i really want to debate on what you have said if you are willing [img]smile.gif[/img]

let me start:
the bible was made by man who tried thier best to interpreted gods words. it was not god himself who gave them that exact words. so how can we prove that lucifer was cast out because of his sin and not his sacrifice?

[img]smile.gif[/img] that is of course you believe on what you have posted earlier

[ 06-21-2002, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-21-2002, 01:11 AM   #53
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
That both are wrong because all organized religions are flawed
heh, if we say all organized religion are flawed (which, for me, is true) then which religion should belive, our own? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #54
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

harkoliar how exactly did god speak to these men that these men interpretted the bible? did a booming voice come across the clouds and man wrote down? if so since you say its not exact, why has god not responded to mans flaws in the interpretations of his original meaning?
Old 06-21-2002, 01:22 AM   #55
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

heh, if we say all organized religion are flawed (which, for me, is true) then which religion should belive, our own? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Follow "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and throw the rest out
Old 06-21-2002, 01:26 AM   #56
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
harkoliar how exactly did god speak to these men that these men interpretted the bible? did a booming voice come across the clouds and man wrote down? if so since you say its not exact, why has god not responded to mans flaws in the interpretations of his original meaning?
personally, i say that god has indeed responded before with the jews during the time of jesus. where he sent Jesus to clarify many of the faults with what the jews are doing but not understanding what they are doing. as for the present, i say that god is indeed doing small miracles all over the world but nothing large enough to let everyone know or letting everyone to belive that he is indeed responding. maybe he has his own reasons... or maybe we have found that we are doing the right thing right now is the right thing (what we personally doing, that is what i mean). or we have found the answer but it is also among other answers and theories in all the documents of papers. what we may see as plain coincidence or lucky, to people wins or achievements maybe was really the intervention of god. there are many possibilities and not everything may be true or false. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-21-2002, 01:30 AM   #57
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Follow "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" and throw the rest out
nice saying but i personally prefer "do not do to others what you wish not them do to you"

to believe in the first is not my nature [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-21-2002, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-21-2002, 01:34 AM   #58
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Hmm now that you mention it. I think I prefer the way you said it too.

EDIT: Hey you changed it after I posted [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-21-2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 06-21-2002, 01:41 AM   #59
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Hmm now that you mention it. I think I prefer the way you said it too.

EDIT: Hey you changed it after I posted
yeah !! caught red handed. the first time i posted was no difference as yours [img]smile.gif[/img] and that was wierd because i was thinking about something else really...

Catch me if you can..
Old 06-21-2002, 05:00 AM   #60
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:

let me start:
the bible was made by man who tried thier best to interpreted gods words. it was not god himself who gave them that exact words. so how can we prove that lucifer was cast out because of his sin and not his sacrifice?

[img]smile.gif[/img] that is of course you believe on what you have posted earlier
How can we accept your friends ideas either? [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm going with a collection of books that show extreme dedication to seemingly unimportant facts, over one humans hypothesis.

If the bible shows such care with seemingly unimportant aspects such as temple measurements, weights, extensive family trees, and details of humiliating LOSSES for Israel, how much more care is given to the important stuff?

Do I reject something out of hand simply because it's difficult to believe? Or do I test it by seeking the spoken word of God (Rhema) for harmony and consistency with the written word of God (Logos).

If we are dealing with the Judaeo-Christian concepts of Lucifer and Angels and God, plus human/angelic sin, redemption, condemnation and forgiveness, then we are getting our initial information and understanding from the Bible.

We cannot then just take the concept and then imagine our own contradictory scenario to it. The concept would not exist at all if not for the same book you'd choose to reject.

http://www.hughwilson.com