Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-24-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

though its not the only really really cool band i know(System of a Down is also), im just having a Rammstein fever .

well, I guess most americans hate/don`t like Rammstein because they dont understand s**t about it. i dont either. but i still love it ! Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt Rammstein - Links 2 3 4(it actually means "left" in German, if you don`t know) and Rammstein - Sonne are probably the best ones.
What do you think of Rammstein?
Old 06-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
Zak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Rammstein ist sehr gut! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 01:27 PM   #3
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I like Rammsteins music. My dad didnt want me bying their cds because, quote "You can't even understand what theyre saying!" Well thats the case for most metal like that, even if theirs is in German
Old 06-24-2002, 01:36 PM   #4
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Rammstein are great, I first found out about them after listening to "Du Hast" a long time ago, I hear their live performances are pretty good as well. Their more Industrial rather than Metal.

[ 06-24-2002, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Rimjaw ]
Old 06-24-2002, 01:46 PM   #5
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

rammstein is great.and lady blue,if your father could understand the lyrics he would not want you listening to them.has he seen any of their videos?
Old 06-24-2002, 01:47 PM   #6
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
though its not the only really really cool band i know(System of a Down is also), im just having a Rammstein fever .

well, I guess most americans hate/don`t like Rammstein because they dont understand s**t about it. i dont either. but i still love it ! Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt Rammstein - Links 2 3 4(it actually means "left" in German, if you don`t know) and Rammstein - Sonne are probably the best ones.
What do you think of Rammstein?
Well I agree with you, I like Rammstein, but why may I ask do you think "most americans hate/don't like it"?
Rammstein aren't just popular in Europe you know, and if you think it's people who "don't understand s**t about it" then it would be nowhere near as popular as it is in England either.
But luckily I speak limited German so I can pick out bits.
And if anyone's really curious, Rammstein means to hit stone, like perhaps in mining or something and it's pronounced as if it were Rammstine- not Ramsteen- no matter what anyone else tells you. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 01:50 PM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
Rammstein are great, I first found out about them after listening to "Du Hast" a long time ago, I hear their live performances are pretty good as well. Their more Industrial rather than Metal.
i dont like "Du Hast" that much anymore. its so old but at its own time, it ruled!
oh yeah, Rammsteins performance.. Rammstein came to Estonia last summer. sadly, i couldnt go [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] but atleast i saw it on TV. it was awesome! Rammstein uses cool fireworks and stuff in their concerts so im really sad i couldnt go..
Zak, are you German? suprisingly, IW has very few Germans..
LB, thats wierd. Rammstein`s CD, Mutter is really good! i recommend it to everybody who likes heavy metal/industrial music [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] !
Old 06-24-2002, 01:57 PM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
it to everybody who likes heavy metal/industrial music [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] !
Sorry, just had to poke my head in one more time. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Rammstein isn't heavy metal, you're lucky Epona didn't see this [img]tongue.gif[/img] She's just plain evil. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2002, 02:07 PM   #9
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Yep, Heavy Metal Rammstein is not.

And Mutter is great, Sonne is one of Rammsteins best songs.
Old 06-24-2002, 03:02 PM   #10
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

God, I remember them! They were cool for like 10 minutes out here. The only song I remember hearing was Du Hast or something.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition