Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 03-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ironworks Forum EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

I've been plugging away at the new content, but this past month was a bit nuts in RL--had to work more than normal, but its cool now, so I'm finishing stuff--Thursday or Friday I will open up the huge new areas and goodies.

ALSO---Another reason I've been delayed is the new 1.69 content NWN1 patch coming out soon--I've been checking out the changes, and starting work on a new update for Massive v1.05. (It'll be under 30mb) real small. I gotta change some 2DA files and change tiles and stuff.. not too bad. Just want to be on top of this upcoming patch from Bioware. (Don't upgrade to the beta though, wait for the official release--as will I)

In the New Massive Patch, I am fixing the new weapons size issues from the last update--how some of the weapons are just crazy huge, and look either funny, or damn evil dangerous!

As for ideas on what I should add, reply with some ideas! New weapon designs (new models) new monsters? Tile sets? or Armor? What would you like?

Moz sent me some good links to some haks and ideas, which I am working on too!!!
Post some ideas!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

I would like to see myself somewhere in Undermountain hehehehe. Havn't been in for ages, havn't been playing many games latley. Too much to do at home.

I would also like to know if the tribute area for Animal can make its way into the next release.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: EFU Mod Update of NEW Content -- And what do you wanna see in the next patch?

Oh yes, You will indeed see his area soon--And more will be added to his area with some extra 3D models I made a few weeks ago.
(I made a few custom models for his area in past patches, so it's mostly there to drop in the area).

What I want to also do is take some of the screenshots I have of him, and apply them onto floating squares in the game, so in one room, you'd see his character in-game as a kinda portal... THAT would rock!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:50 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

As you ask, I'll make my usual plea for yet more powerful gloves for Monks.

I can only get an AB of just over 60 without buffs which just isn't enough to seriously inconvenience the real heavyweights in Undermountain. An upgrade of Suni's gloves from the Trollbark Dungeon would be very nice.

I think it might also be useful to add some improved katanas (I only mention this 'cos I always thought they looked better than Bastard swords and there are some nice ones of those about). I seem to recall there was a neat +9 katana on level 12 when the flying dragons first appeared there but it seems to have gone missing for a while.

Still on looks I wonder if it is possible to make Indo-Persian style helms (open face, nose-guard, chain neck protection, single spike). Again I have always liked them.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Totally! I have 2 entire complete sets that will be for Monks and Wizards--ArmPit (APL) wanted a good Wizard set, so I made that too. I think you'll crap your codpiece (don't let it rust now!) You'll REALLY like the first true EPIC Monk and Wizard set!

I am also working on completing the Choc set for fun too!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

YEA New monk and wizard items!!!! Al will be happy
Hmmm... My list would include the ability to craft other equipment like helms and shields, some nice Kurki's and scimtars, some town related quests and possible a teleporter somewhere between 4 and 10. ( Good Lord I don't want much )
Will Murial's 2nd level be added at this time? The sign says it will open soon.
Were you able to translate / transcribe some of the quests the IWer's made ~ a year ago. I remember that was a very active ( and fun) thread.
But anything that is added will be great!! Thanks for all your hard work and many hours of enjoyment!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot033 View Post
Were you able to translate / transcribe some of the quests the IWer's made ~ a year ago. I remember that was a very active ( and fun) thread.
Yep, you're right, that was good. Should we start another round of that now that we have some new players? I may not have time to come on and play at the moment but I do have time for that (hell, what else is work supposed to be for?).

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #8
garrison
Manshoon

I can't say I wouldn't be happy to see new kukri's, bastard swords, and perhaps other exotic weapons but there is already some good stuff in EfU. I do think it makes sense to boost weapons which require additional feats to use.

I would love to see more forge items, perhaps with stackable enhancements. Another thing I think would be great fun, though probably laborious to implement, is one or more intelligent weapons. Finally, as I understand it, item sets in EfU provide no additional benefit from collecting the entire set, it would be neat to see items whose properties change when used in combination with other items.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It would be neat, but is a pain in the arse to script. Believe me, I've tried. Not much success though, even though I did make a suit of armor that catches on fire when equipped...don't know if I still have that script or not though.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #10
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

*sigh* No Steel-shod Fluffy Pink Bunny Slippers of Doom or Soft Mittens of (oh my, what were they of, again?)?