Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 PM   #11
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
Two very useful definitions from Dictionary.com

existence:
To have actual being; be real.

Real:
Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verifiable existence.
..little too much extra time on your hands..?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:02 PM   #12
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
quote:
Originally posted by Blunderbuss:
Okay, fair enough. Also, inflammable and flammable are also used to describe one another in the "Collins English Dictionary".
Technically, something is "flammable" if it will burn in the presence of oxygen. Something that is "inflammable" will burn when not in the presence of oxygen. Things that are "non-inflammable" will not burn at all. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]And of course there's Azred, who would burn one pretty much anywhere...

Old 12-17-2004, 05:09 PM   #13
Jorath Calar
Harper

I'm feeling pretty flammable from reading this thread I tell you...
Old 12-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #14
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
quote:
Okay, fair enough. Also, inflammable and flammable are also used to describe one another in the "Collins English Dictionary".
Technically, something is "flammable" if it will burn in the presence of oxygen. Something that is "inflammable" will burn when not in the presence of oxygen. Things that are "non-inflammable" will not burn at all. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Hey, I'm only saying what the dictionary says. And Beaumanoir we would get a real life, if only we knew what real was.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Let me see...

Some things exist but there are not real. Some things are real but there don't exist.

ROFLMAOTIDD.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:50 PM   #16
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dude, seriously, when you convert a mental concept into linguistically symbolic words it is instantly diluted into mere interpretative conjecture. Thinking and articulating are totally different. The former concept deals with ideas that you the individual can actually sculpt and understand, the other involves marketing these ideas to a mass arena of communication.

Talk is cheap, and dictionaries are the linguistic crutches of the artistically destitute masses (to which I unashamedly belong).
Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 PM   #17
Jorath Calar
Harper

In the words of a wise man...

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration and we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death and life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves...

any questions?
Old 12-17-2004, 07:04 PM   #18
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:

any questions?
Yea - Who the hell called him a wise man? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 07:18 PM   #19
coyote696
The Magister

I think someone needs to take the "Red Pill" and see if it works, otherwise reality is just what it is. nothing more nothing less.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #20
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
And Beaumanoir we would get a real life, if only we knew what real was.
Real is existence

as for everyone else, quit picking on Jorath [img]tongue.gif[/img]