Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-12-2001, 12:59 AM   #1
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I just had a quick comment about the overall benefit of playing a good aligned character. I started my solo assassin, which I plan to dual to a mage later on. I noticed that I am already at day 92, hour 9. I'm still in Chapter 2 and I haven't exactly done many quests. I haven't even been to the Copper Coronet yet.

I was just curious and decided to load up my final save of my solo sorceress. I completed the game at day 85, hour 19. Okay, probably hour 20 by the time I stomped you know who.

The benefit of having the inate healing spells given to good characters saved me a ton of game time. I've had to rest my assassin for over two weeks at a time because of the lack of healing spells. So all the talk about the game being geared more toward the good aligned characters is becoming more believable.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 01:31 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

*whispers*

Psst, remember the Cloak of the Sewers? Transform into a Troll before you rest. You will only need 8 hours of sleep that way.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 01:39 AM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
*whispers*

Psst, remember the Cloak of the Sewers? Transform into a Troll before you rest. You will only need 8 hours of sleep that way.

*scribble on "Things to gather first list"*

Duh..I forgot about that. At least I don't have to buy that, seeing as I spent all my hard earned cash on the Ring of Air Control and a couple of other needed items.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:44 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, I just realised something else. You are an Assassin.

Go drink some Potions of Master Thievery and pickpocket you know who.
Old 12-12-2001, 01:56 AM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Oh, I just realised something else. You are an Assassin.

Go drink some Potions of Master Thievery and pickpocket you know who.

I just thought about that also. I have to make another trip back there anyways to pick up a couple more things, might as well liberate him also. I just had to try the HiS and Non-Detection to borrow a certain longsword from a certain undead guy. Worked like a charm. In and out and he never even began casting.

I love the computer AI for thieves. I'm using the Scout (?) AI and I'm hidden in the shadows nearly 90% of the time just walking around. Now I don't have to worry about continously hitting my stealth button. The computer does it for me. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2001, 04:49 AM   #6
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:

*scribble on "Things to gather first list"*

Duh..I forgot about that. At least I don't have to buy that, seeing as I spent all my hard earned cash on the Ring of Air Control and a couple of other needed items.

what is so good about the rings of air and earth control? the only thing they do is command elementals which dont appear too often.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:43 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Mitro is soloing an Assassin, and the Ring of Air Control allows you to cast invisibility which of course, is needed if you want to backstab. I am assuming that he is using for emergency purposes when he cannot Stealth because he is in the enemy's sight.

Ring of Earth Control grants you an AC bonus of 1, and add in the fact that it is not considered magical, this means that you can combine it with magical armour, which means better AC, which means you get hit less.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:12 AM   #8
Kaleban
Manshoon

An easy way to regain hitpoints if you're resting is to use the Draw upon Holy Might innate ability right before you sleep. It stays "active" for those 8 hours, and if it increases your CON to 20 or above, you will regenerate all your HPs during those 8 hours.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:20 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
An easy way to regain hitpoints if you're resting is to use the Draw upon Holy Might innate ability right before you sleep. It stays "active" for those 8 hours, and if it increases your CON to 20 or above, you will regenerate all your HPs during those 8 hours.

Sounds familiar.

Just kidding, but Mitro cannot do that because his Assassin has an Evil alignment( or are you neutral, Mitro?), which means no Draw Upon Holy Might. [img]smile.gif[/img]