Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Arrow Re: The Math Don't Add Up (part 2)

Turns out the strength route doesn't really work. I know this because at twenty five levels thus far, my character with a +8 bow and a lot of magical items is sitting with at +36 AB. With the Ball of Deathattacks from Level Fifteen (+13 handheld weapon).... sitting with +49. So it seems I have to stay with the dexterity route, but I do so want to see what happens when this one is finished with Devestating Critical as part of the package.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #12
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: The Math Don't Add Up (part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozenwrathe View Post
Turns out the strength route doesn't really work. I know this because at twenty five levels thus far, my character with a +8 bow and a lot of magical items is sitting with at +36 AB. With the Ball of Deathattacks from Level Fifteen (+13 handheld weapon).... sitting with +49. So it seems I have to stay with the dexterity route, but I do so want to see what happens when this one is finished with Devestating Critical as part of the package.
Which comes back to what I said. If you're going archer, your best route is AA. If you want a Dev Crit Archer, then Bard/RDD/AA. Maybe even Sorc. In a word, str based archers suck, since dex is the controlling stat.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #13
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

something else bad happened...
it seems that the Epic Prowess did not show up when I created this build using the longbow. I am very saddened by this fact. Maybe it has something to do with it being a longbow (ranged) instead of a close up weapon. Regardless, I have to write this character down as a failure with the bow for the time being. At least she seems to be strong enough to wail away on her foes with a sword in the later levels. Though I have to admit, taking her through Levels One through Six as well as the Trollbark and the Tradeways shall be interesting - not to mention all those nasty, icky creatures in the Waterdeep Sewer System. I think it's time I visited The Metal Mage's Realm and spend a few million on arrows down there... I replaced the Epic Prowess with something else... Great Dexterity I. This was in the hopes of getting Great Dexterity II somehow for the last little bit...

..and I managed to snag Great Dexterity II to increase the bow's accuracy slightly. as well, instead of the final Favoured Enemy, I took Epic Toughness for an additional 20 HP. maybe I should have gone with two more Great Strengths (V and VI), but such is. The character is technically a "failure" for the lower levels of the Undermountain, but is great support for other characters AND now has scroll capability. With light enough armor, I even get free dual wielding - fun with those Sahaugin Longswords...
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.

Last edited by Mozenwrathe; 03-02-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Moz, sweetie, Dexterity is the attribute used for prowess with ranged weaponry - which includes the bow, of course --- unless you're a dwarven archer, in which case you are as likely to use your unstrung bow stave in lieu of a quarterstaff as not, in which case Strength might be more usefull .
Old 03-07-2008, 11:32 AM   #15
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

"Moz, sweetie, Dexterity is the attribute used for prowess with ranged weaponry" - There is a loop hole to this. Prowess works if you use zen archery. My 14 cleric/1wiz/25 AA has a nice AB and prowess works ( I can really boost it with divine power/bless etc. ).
base AB at lvl 40 - +66 ( w/ proving ground bow and assorted items to boost wisdom)
w/ bless - +67
w/ bless/ divine favor ( extended) +75
w/ bless/divine favor( extended) / battletide ( extended) +77
throw true strike on for giggles and there is not much I can't hit in full plate. ( Sigh.... now if only true strike could be extended........)

Last edited by toot033; 03-07-2008 at 11:34 AM.
toot033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 AM   #16
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah yeah, but I had my druid archer to 100 ab last night...
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #17
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

How did you do that feat?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #18
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Simple, really, base ab is 72, +8 with Helm's book, and True Strike.