Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-21-2004, 01:13 PM   #21
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Even news programs are subject to disinformation.
As far as I can tell no children have died from razor blades or pins although a few were minorly injured. Ironically, these incidents only started occuring AFTER the urban legends started circulating. In other words, it appears the scare tactic gave malicious pranksters the idea to begin with! Most reported pins and blades in apples or candy were put there by the children themselves as a prank to their parents or community.

Children have died from candy poisonings though. In these cases, it was premeditated murder by someone looking to collect insurance money. In some cases of this kind of murder, criminals poison some random people to try and cover up their crime as a random killing. One of the child poisoning cases is confirmed as this. This type of thing has also happened with the Tylenol tamperings and other product tampering murders.

My point is that it's not satanic cults, witches or crazed killers responsible for deaths on Halloween, but rather your normal garden variety murderous criminals with an agenda involving money.

In the same aspect the pins and razor blades are generally pranks done by kids who don't think or care about the possible consequences of their actions.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:48 PM   #22
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

halloween aint so bad. i like to steal peoples jack-o-lanterns and put them in the lawns of people i dont like. candy's awesome. does anyone even know how the tradition started. hmm, the holiday reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld bit...
Old 10-22-2004, 07:25 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have 8 bags of candy so far, need to get two more. One has to be Jolly Rancher, cause I remember last year this one kid just about had a heart attack LOL when he saw the Jolly Ranchers, (I just hold the bowl out with mixed candy and let trick-or-treaters take what they want).

As I say every Halloween, I just hope I don't get that many kids who don't bother to dress up, or parents who take candy too! (LOL had that happen one time, her son took like 8 pieces of candy! saying "oh this one's for my cousin, this one's for my other cousin...etc." [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Then his mom takes a few pieces for herself LOL!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-24-2004, 05:55 AM   #24
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
halloween aint so bad. i like to steal peoples jack-o-lanterns and put them in the lawns of people i dont like. candy's awesome. does anyone even know how the tradition started. hmm, the holiday reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld bit...
hahahaha that's great, except that almost punishes the people that made the lantern more than the person with it on their lawn.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:44 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I'm thinking of doing a pumpkin like the above this year, well minus the baby potty LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-26-2004, 10:07 PM   #26
Maj
Drow Warrior

I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday. And I love fall too, how the trees change color, the weather, holidays, ect.

Anyway I feel too old to go trick-or-treating this year, my friends are always saying your never too old, but I don't feel that way (I'm 18). I plan on going over to my brother's house to hand out candy (I live in the mountains where I wouldn't get any trick-or-treaters). I well probably still dress up though, have to decide on a costume, hmmm...

It always snows on Halloween here in Colorado, keeps some from going out. And the only solution to the "dangerous candy" problem that I can think of, is to trick-or-treat in a safe neighborhood.

So to end with a question, what are you guys all going to wear costume-wise?
Old 10-26-2004, 10:10 PM   #27
Maj
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
Jerry Seinfeld? May I be so bold as to ask why? Just curious. [img]smile.gif[/img]